Quiz 582: Current Affairs for Bank PO Examinations
1. Which among the following cities was declared as “Tiger Gateway of India” during the first half of 2011?
2. Which among the following protocols is also related to the Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) mechanism?
3. Consider the following matches:
1. Tim Cook ↔ Apple
2. Ben Bernanke ↔ United States Federal Reserve
3. Mario Draghi ↔ European Central Bank
4. Jamie Dimon ↔ JPMorgan Chase
5. David Beers ↔ Standard & Poor’s
6. Warren Buffett ↔ Berkshire Hathaway
Which among the above matches is/ are correct?
[A]1, 2, 3
[B]1, 2, 3, 4
[C]1, 2, 3, 4, 5
[D]1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
4. As per the decisions taken by the Government recently, the maturity period of National Savings Certificate (NSC) & Monthly Income Scheme (MIS) were previously _____ and now it is ______ .
Choose the correct option with correct entries:
[A]6 years, 5 years
[B]7 years, 6 years
[C]7.5 Years, 5.5 Years
[D]8 years, 6 Years
5. As per the latest decisions taken by the Government, a person can invest up to which among the following amounts annually in the Public Provident Fund (PPF) saving?
6. Who among the following headed the committee set up on recommendations of the 13th Finance Commission in July 2008 to review of the existing parameters for the small saving schemes in operation and recommend mechanisms to make them more flexible and market linked?
[D]K J Udeshi
7. As per the recently declared National Manufacturing Policy, the land area of a National Investment and Manufacturing Zone is to be minimum ____?
8. Which among the following country has topped the list of largest foreign remittances in the recent World Bank Report?
9. India will host Yingluck Shinawatra as the guest of honour at the Republic Day parade Jan 26, 2012. She is the first woman and youngest Prime Minister of which among the following countries?
10. On which date, Flag Day of India is celebrated?
11. Which among the following country has recently decided to sell Uranium to India for the first time?
12. Which among the following was the first movie of Dev Anand?
[B]Hum Eik Hain
13. Recently, the Reliance Power, a Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) company, has decided to establish India’s largest solar power plant in which among the following states of India?
14. Which among the following country is not in Mekong-Ganga Cooperation?
15. The Shaha Commission led by Justice (Retd) M B Shah was constituted to inquire into the mining scam in which among the following states of India?
[D]All of them