Quiz 583: Current Affairs for Bank PO Exams
1. Which among the following dates in December has been fixed as celebration of National Mathematics Day, to be observed as birthday of great mathematician Ramanujan?
2. Which among the following countries has recently abolished the Official retirement age?
3. The Comptroller and Auditor General of India has been appointed as external auditor of which among the following UN agencies?
[A]International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
[B]Geneva based World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
[C]United Nations Industrial Development Organization
[D]Both A and B
4. Recently, FDI Limit for terrestrial broadcasting and FM radio was increased from 20% to _____?
5. At which among the following places, the Government has recently decided to launch a National Institute of Sports Science and Medicine (NISSM)?
6. Who among the following has been awarded the ‘Mahatma Gandhi International Award for Peace’ for 2011?
[A]Aung San Suu Kyi
7. Who among the following is the author of ‘Law in the Scientific Era’?
[A]Justice Markandey Katju
[B]Justice K. K. Mathew
[C]Justice G. T. Nanavati
[D]Justice N. Santosh Hegde
8. Which among the following is the operating system of the World’s cheapest Tablet PC Aakash , that was launched in New Delhi recently?
9. Africa’s 1st woman Nobel Peace laureate Wangari Maathai (71), who recently passed away, worked for rights of women and protection of environment in which among the following countries?
10. As per information revealed by IAEA, International Atomic Energy Agency Report (2005), which of the following countries might have the largest reserves of Thorium in the world?
11. Recently, Gor Kattri complex was making news as it was reopened after 60 years following a Court order. It is famous for its display of Gautam Buddha’s begging bowl. In which country is located the Gor Kattri complex?
12. What is the number of Ramsar wetlands in India?
13. Chief Dave Cameron Award is given for excellence in a field related to ___?
14. Qila Rai Pithora, built by Tomar Rajputs is located in which among the following cities?
15. The recently launched slogan “Getting to Zero” is related to which among the following diseases?