Quiz 565: Current Affairs September 2011 for CWE Clerical Examination
1. Consider the following statements:
1. Justice V Ramaswami was the first Judge of Supreme Court to be impeached by Lok Sabha
2. Justice Soumtra Sen is the First Judge of High Court to be impeached by Rajya Sabha
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[A]Only 1 is correct
[B]Only 2 is correct
[C]Both 1 & 2 are correct
[D]Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
2. Ursula Burns was recently listed in the World’s 30 most powerful businesswomen by Forbes 500. She is also the first African-American woman CEO to head a Fortune 500 company. Which among the following company does she head?
3. Who among the following has been recently selected by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to head the ambitious India-China CEOs Forum?
4. Which among the following is the correct fullform of NPCR — a modified version of Trai’s ‘Do Not Call Registry’ list.?
[A]National Consumer Protection Register
[B]National Customer Privacy Registry
[C]National Customer Protection Registry
[D]National Customer Preference Registry
5. Who among the following has recently sworn in as the chief of the Central Intelligence Agency (United States)?
6. The Governor of which among the following states in India is NOT a woman at present?
7. Starting with Highest, which among the following is the correct order of FDI source countries to India?
[A]Mauritius, US, Singapore, UK
[B]Mauritius, Singapore, US, Australia
[C]Mauritius, Singapore, US, UK
[D]Mauritius, Singapore, UK, US
8. Which among the following company is developing ‘skyscraper’ computers using huge sandwiches of silicon chips by sticking layer after layer of chips covered with tiny components together, so that they work 1000 times faster than the current computers?
9. Consider the following:
1. Basamti Rice
4. Non-Basmati Rice
Currently, there is a ban on export of which among the above?
[C]1 2 3
[D]1 2 3 4
10. Consider the following:
1. Atomic Energy
2. Lottery Business
3. Gambling and Betting
4. Business of Chit Fund
In which among the above FDI is permitted in India?
[B]1 & 2
[C]1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
11. Which among the following sector gets maximum FDI currently?
[A]Services sector (Financial and non-financial)
[B]Computer (software & hardware)
[C]Telecommunications (radio paging, cellular mobile, basic telephone services)
[D]Housing & Real Estate
12. The Agreement on South Asian Free Trade Area (SAFTA) was signed in a SAARC summit that was held in ___?
13. Which among the following is India’s first state to have an e-monitoring system where citizens can track their applications and check for delays online?
14. In which year Dadasaheb Phalke Award was instituted?
15. The Government has decided to withdraw which among the following export promotion scheme recently ?
[A]Duty Free Replenishment Card (DFRC)
[B]Market Access Initiative (MAI)
[C]Focus Market Scheme
[D]Duty Entitlement Pass Book (DEPB) scheme