Quiz 560: GK & Current Affairs for Bank PO and CWE Exams
1. Recently, the government has lifted export restrictions and allowed which among the following commodities to be shipped under open general licenses (OGL)?
2. The P/E is one of the most talked about ratios in the stock market. What does P/E refer to____?
[A]Profit to Expenditure
[B]Price to Earning
[C]Profit to Earning
[D]Provisional to Estimates
3. There are some stocks in the stock market which by nature are low-priced, speculative and risky because of their limited liquidity, following and disclosure. What do we call these stocks?
4. Recently, we read in the newspapers that the Government is working to overhaul the MGNREGA programme to rid it of all ‘manmade’ flaws and make the job entitlement more demand driven. In this context, consider the following:
1. The new revamped programme will be tried in 200 districts
2. The emphasis will be on Asset Creation
3. The job will be provided on demand calculated through a labour budget by taking the average employment provided in the past few years.
Which among the above is/ are correct statements?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
5. Consider the following statements about the comprehensive free trade pact (CEPA) between India and Japan, which has come into force from August 1, 2011:
1. CEPA with Japan is third such pact with any country
2. The other two countries which have signed CEPA are Malaysia and Singapore
3. The pact will bring immediate gains to Indian exporters of textiles, seafood and spices to Japan
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
[C]1, 2 & 3
[D]1 & 3
6. Which among the following is the correct full form of the export promotion scheme DEPB?
[A]Duty-free Entitlement Passbook
[B]Duty Elimination Passbook
[C]Duty Entitlement programme
[D]Duty Entitlement Passbook
7. What is the growth forecast for the current fiscal year (2011-12) by the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council ?
8. Which among the following is played on a synthetic hard court?
9. Which among the following National Park of India has once again became World Heritage Site following removal of the ‘in danger’ tag by the UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee?
10. Consider the following countries:
India is negotiating a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement with which among the above countries?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
11. Which among the following is the objective of introducing “Marginal Standing Facility” by RBI in recent Monetary Policy ?
[B]Contain volatility in long term inter-bank rates
[C]Contain volatility in the overnight inter-bank rates
[D]All of above
12. Madhav Gadgil Panel or The Western Ghats Ecology Expert Panel (WGEEP) had, in May 2011 had suggested listing of which among the following regions in the State as Ecologically Significant Area (ESA)?
[C]Both 1 & 2
13. Jayanta Talukdar is known as a famous sportsman of ____?
14. Who among the following was conferred with Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding for 2009?
[A]Ban ki Moon
15. Which among the following state leads in the Infant Mortality Rate in India currently?