Quiz 559: GK Questions for SSC States
1. A “Suitable Boy”, which is considered to one of the longest novels ever published in a single volume in the English language, has been written by which among the following authors?
2. Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP) is an organization under which of the following?
3. Which among the following committee is known for recommending a 3-tier Panchayati Raj System which includes Zila Parishad at the District Level, Panchayat Samiti at the Block/ Tehsil/ Taluka Level and Gram Panchayat at the Village Level?
4. Consider the following statements:
- The High Yielding Variety Programme (HYVP) was launched in the Kharif of 1966-67
- The programme generally was successful in the wheat producing zones of the country
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
5. Consider the following:
- Dealing with Foreign Exchange
- Controlling the monetary policy
- Work as Banker to the Government
- Control the Government Spending
Choose the functions of RBI from the given options:
6. Who among the following has written the book titled ‘The Perils of Democracy’?
7. Which among the following rivers is known as Yarlung Tsangpo in Tibet?
8. Majuli, the largest river island in the world is located in which among the following states of India?
9. “Panikulangara” is a variety of which among the following?
10. As per seismic zoning map of Government of India, Jaitapur site falls within which among the following?