Quiz 559: Current Affairs for Banking Examinations
1. Which among the following committee is known for recommending a 3-tier Panchayati Raj System which includes Zila Parishad at the District Level, Panchayat Samiti at the Block/ Tehsil/ Taluka Level and Gram Panchayat at the Village Level?
[A]Balwant Rai Mehta Committee
[B]Ashok Mehta Committee
[C]GVK Rao Committee
2. Consider the following statements:
1. The High Yielding Variety Programme (HYVP) was launched in the Kharif of 1966-67
2. The programme generally was successful in the wheat producing zones of the country
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
3. Consider the following:
1. Dealing with Foreign Exchange
2. Controlling the monetary policy
3. Work as Banker to the Government
4. Control the Government Spending
Choose the functions of RBI from the given options:
[C]1 2 3
[D]1 2 3 4
4. Which among the following is the closest value to the ratio of currency to GDP in India?
5. Who among the following has written the book titled ‘The Perils of Democracy’?
[A]P. S. Ramamohan Rao
[B]P. C. Alexander
[D]Shankar Dayal Sharma
6. With which among the following countries, India has signed its biggest Defence deal to procure ten C-17 heavy-lift aircraft for $4.1 billion?
7. Which among the following rivers is known as Yarlung Tsangpo in Tibet?
8. Which among the following personality is known for mooting the idea of Food Coupons?
[C]Montek Singh Ahluwalia
9. Majuli, the largest river island in the world is located in which among the following states of India?
10. Hajigak, which was recently making news for its Iron Ore deposits, is located in which among the following countries?
11. “Panikulangara” is a variety of which among the following?
12. The recent flight of PSLV C-16 has placed which among the following satellites in orbit?
13. As per seismic zoning map of Government of India, Jaitapur site falls within which among the following?
14. From which among the following states, 1st ever post independence Socio-Economic and Caste Census 2011 began on 29 June 2011?
15. What is the minimum annual investment limit in New Pension Scheme ?