Quiz 505: Current Affairs for All Examinations
1. The Isher Judge Ahluwalia committee, which recently submitted its report is related to which among the following?
2. India recently has successfully tested the advanced air defense (AAD) interceptor missile. Which among the following is not a country which has developed advanced air defense (AAD) interceptor missile as of now ?
3. The Vallarpadam Terminal, which is a container trans-shipment facility, launched in February 2011, is the only trans-shipment port in India. It is a part of which among the following ports?
(D)None of them
4. From which of the following dates, the Model Code of Conduct becomes operational in an election for a state assembly in India?
(A)6 Months prior to the date on which election commences
(B)3 months prior to the date on which election commences
(C)2 month before the state assembly is due to finish its term
(D)The date on which election commission announces the election schedule
5. Who among the following is the Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the 2G spectrum issue?
(A)M. K. Raghavan
(C)P. C. Chacko
(D)P K Bansal
6. With which of the following countries, India has signed a CEPA (Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement) and not CECA (Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement)?
7. Which among the following states are the stakeholders in the Polavaram irrigation and hydel project, which are called by the Government for a tripartite meeting?
(A)Andhra Pradesh, Orissa and Karnataka
(B)Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
(C)Andhra Pradesh, Orissa and Chhattisgarh
(D)Andhra Pradesh, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh
8. As per the Union Budget 2011-12, an international award with a prize money of Rs 1 crore is being instituted for promoting values of universal brotherhood in the memory of which among the following icons of the country?
(D)Jawahar Lal Nehru
9. Which among the following agency is responsible for enforcement of Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 and Prevention of money Laundering Act 2002 in India?
(A)Reserve Bank of India
(B)Department of Revenue
(D)Income Tax Department
10. Anant Lal , who recently died was an exponent of which among the following?
(A)Vocal Hindustani Classical Music
11. In context with the Balance of Payments, the Merchandise exports, which refer to sale of goods abroad belong to which among the following?
(A)Credit Entry in the Current Account
(B)Debit Entry in the Current account
(C)Credit entry in the Capital Account
(D)Debit entry in the Capital Account
12. In which year Liberalized Exchange Rate Management System (LERMS) was launched in India?
13. Who among the following was the last Director-General of GATT, and the first of the WTO. ?
14. Which of the following organizations is implementing the “Memory of the World Programme“?
(A)World Economic Forum
(D)World Trade Organization
15. The Banking Laws Amendment Bill proposes to align voting rights of shareholders in banks in proportion with the equity holding. What is the present voting right of a shareholder as fraction to the equity holding in the state owned and private banks respectively?
(A)1 %, 5%
(B)1% , 10%
(D)3% , 11%
© www.gktoday.in« Previous QuizNext Quiz »