Quiz 533: Current Affairs May 2011 for Bank and other Exams
1. Recently, Mauritius has agreed to share information on bank accounts under its double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA) with India. Mauritius accounts for approximately what fraction of foreign direct investment into India?
2. Cayman Islands are famous for which among the following?
(B)Offshore Financial Centre
(C)Largest producer of Guava
(D)Population of Ethnic Indians
3. Recently we read in the newspapers, that Government is planning to issue biometric smart cards to MNREGS beneficiaries for its flagship health insurance scheme Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojna, so that the misappropriation of funds under its rural employment scheme can be stopped. To make such arrangement, which among the following two ministries will have to cooperate?
(A)Ministry of Labour & Employment and Ministry of Health
(B)Ministry of Rural Development & Ministry of Health
(C)Ministry of Labour & Employment and Ministry of Rural Development
(D)Ministry of Panchayati Raj and Ministry of Health
4. What is the approximate current number of job cardholders under MGNREGS in India?
5. What is TDSAT?
(B)A Telecommunication Company
(D)A telecom business forum
6. Recently, Tine Mena, the 25 year old woman has become the first woman from North East India to scale Mount Everest. Tine Mena belongs to which among the following states?
7. At present, how many states of India are being served by Women Chief Ministers?
8. In which of the following Central Asian countries, the “Sharq Taronalari” film festival is held biennially, in which many Indian artists also take part?
9. What is the number of members in Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas)?
10. In the last one decade, India’s trade with Africa has been overshadowed by an aggressive trade policy by which among the following countries towards Africa ?
11. Recently Säteilyturvakeskus or STUK, which is a Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority was making news in context with the Jaitapur plant. STUK is from which among the following countries?
12. Which among the following was steel plant of India is sometimes called India’s First Swadeshi Steel Plant?
(A)Bengal Iron Works Company
(D)Bokaro Steel Plant
13. In context with Mobile telecommunication, what is the full form of CDMA?
(A)Code Division Multiple Access
(B)Chip Derived Multiple Access
(C)Cordless Device Multiple Access
(D)Carrier Device Multiple Access
14. Recently, the Government has given green signal to BPL Census in the country. In which year, the last BPL Census was carried out in India?
15. In which year, after independence, notes in denominations of Rs. 1,000, Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 10,000 were reintroduced in India?