Quiz 532 : Current Affairs for Bank PO and Other Exams
1. A “Suitable Boy”, which is considered to one of the longest novels ever published in a single volume in the English language, has been written by which among the following authors?
2. Recently an agreement between Fatah and Hamas had been reached. What are Fatah and Hamas?
(A)Political Parties of Israel
(B)Two Palestinian parties
(C)Two militant groups of Middle East
(D)Two ethnic fraternities of Palestine
3. In May 2011, India’s National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Human Rights Commission of which among the following countries for helping and capacity building programme?
4. The Reserve Bank of India works as a lender of the last resort (LOLR). Which among the following is the correct statement in this context?
(A)RBI meets all the demands of the commercial banks in times of difficulties
(B)RBI meets all the reasonable demands of the commercial banks in times of difficulties
(C)RBI is the last lender to the Government at the centre and the states
(D)RBI grants loans to the banks and also the Governments in states
5. Consider the following statements:
1. Indian Commercial Banks run on the Unit Banking System
2. Expansion and contraction of deposits by the Commercial Banks means expansion and contraction of money in the country
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
(A)Only 1 is correct
(B)Only 2 is correct
(C)Both 1 & 2 are correct
(D)Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
6. Consider the following countries:
India’s Andaman and Nicobar Islands share a maritime border with which among the above countries?
(A)1 & 2
(B)2 & 3
(C)3 & 4
(D)1, 2 & 4
7. The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is a forum for 21 Pacific Rim countries that seeks to promote free trade and economic cooperation throughout the Asia-Pacific region. How many ASEAN Countries are members of APEC?
8. Consider the following:
Which among the above is / are Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)?
(C)1 & 3
(D)1, 2 & 3
9. Which among the following was India’s first Teraflop supercomputer?
10. In which of the following state, India’s maximum number of mines producing minerals (excluding minor minerals, petroleum (crude), natural gas and atomic minerals) are located?
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Reverse Mortgage Loans are designed only to serve the Senior Citizens
2. The repayment of the Loan and accumulated interest is generally done by selling the property mortgaged
3. The home equity in reverse mortgage loans decreases over a period of time.
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
(A)Only 1 is correct
(B)1 & 2 are correct
(C)All are correct
(D)1 & 3 are correct
12. Which among the following substances is being used most commonly for producing synthetic jet Fuel?
13. Which among the following South East Asian country is Landlocked?
14. Which among the following banks had issued first successful Credit Card of the world?
(A)Bank of America
(B)Standard Chartered Bank
(D)ANZ Grindlays Bank
15. Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP) is an organization under which of the following?
(C)World Economic Forum
(D)International Monetary Fund