GK & Current Affairs Questions: September 7, 2013
1. “Zubin Mehta” who has been conferred the prestigious Tagore Award for Cultural Award 2013 is a famous___?
Zubin Mehta is an Indian Parsi conductor of western classical music. President Pranab Mukherjee awarded him the Tagore Award 2013 for his outstanding contribution towards cultural harmony.
2. Which of the following statements is/are correct about Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India?
1.CIC of India is appointed for a term of 5 years or till he / she attains the age of 65 years
2.CIC is eligible for reappointment
3.Salary of CIC is same as that of the Chief Justice of India
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]Only 2 & 3
CIC is not eligible for reappointment. Salary will be the same as that of the Chief Election Commissioner.
3. Recently (September, 2013), which of the followings have become the first private sector lender to launch a “branch-on-wheels” drive?
As part of its financial inclusion initiative, ICICI bank claimed to have become the first private sector lender to launch a ‘branch-on-wheels’ drive.
4. Recently (September, 2013), which one of the following nations has passed law to end the system of secret voting in the national legislature?
Brazil’s lower house has voted to end the system of secret voting in the national legislature. That’s been a main demand from anti-government protesters who have taken to street since June.
5. Who among the followings has won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for 2012-13?
Bayem Munich winger Franck Ribery won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for 2012-13 ahead of the unusual contenders Lionel Messi and Christiano Rolanldo.
6. Recently (September, 2013), Leader of the BRICS group of nations has agreed to set up fund to guard against financial shocks. The capital volume of fund has been granted at__?
Leaders of the Brics group of nations-Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa have said they will set up a $100bn fund to guard against financial shocks.
7. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) Bill, 2011 allows at least __ per cent FDI in pension sector. Fill the blank with correct answer?
The PFRDA Bill 2011, pegs the FDI in pension sector at 26 per cent or such percentage as may be approved for the insurance sector, which ever is higher.
8. Which of the following banks bags five RBI Rajbhasha Awards organized by Reserve Bank of India?
[C]Punjab National Bank
[D]State Bank of Mysore
Punjab National Bank
Punjab National Bank won five RBI Rajbhasha Awards organized by Reserve Bank of India.
9. “Tatapani” power project which is said to be nation’s first geo-thermal power project is coming up in which state?
Preparations are on to establish nation’s first geo-thermal power project in Tatapani, the newly-formed Balrampur-Ramanujganj district of Chhattisgarh.
10. Recently (September, 2013), the largest volcano on Earth and one of the largest in the entire solar system has been discovered under which ocean?
A giant volcano the size of Arizona has been discovered buried deep under the Pacific Ocean. Oceanographer William Sager discovered the volcano spanning an area of around 120,000 square miles at a location about 1,000 miles southeast of Japan.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »