GK & Current Affairs: July 30, 2013
1. Who among the following has been elected as the 12th President of Pakistan?
India-born Pakistani businessman Mamnoon Hussain, was elected as the 12th President of Pakistan. Hussain is an old loyalist of Nawaz Sharif and remained in the PML-N during the regime of former military ruler Parvez Musharraf. He served as the governor of Sindh from June to October 1999 and lost post after the then army chief Gen Pervez Musharraf topple the PML-N government in a military coup in Oct 1999.
2. Which one of the following country is known as “Pearl of the Antilles”?
3. As per health ministry data on state-wise prevalence of the swine flu disease, which of the following state has reported maximum number of death since January 1?
As per health ministry data on state-wise prevalence of the swine flu disease, a total 610 people have died due to the viral infection this year in the country. Of this maximum number of deaths, 196, have been reported from Gujarat, followed by Rajasthan (163), Maharastra (90), Punjab (42), Haryana (141) and Madhya Pradesh (31).
4. “Indian Electrical Equipment Industry Mission Plan’’ is planned to be completed by which of the following years?
India plans to increase the output of the electrical equipment industry to $100 billion by 2022 and become a destination of choice for overseas producers of such equipment. The target outlined in a 2012-2022 mission plan for the electrical equipment industry released by the ministry of heavy industry recently.
5. On which of the following dates “Global Tiger Day” is observed?
International Tiger Day is also known as Global Tiger Day is observed on July 29, an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation.
6. Which of the followings have developed India’s first Hydrogen-Powered Fuel Cell bus?
[A]ISRO and Tata Motors
[B]Tata Motors and Ford
[C]ISRO and HAL
[D]HAL and Tata Motors
ISRO and Tata Motors
For the first time in the country, a Hydrogen-powered automobile bus has been developed by Tata Motors Limited and ISRO after several years of research. The hydrogen fuel fitted bus was demonstrated at Liquid Propulsion System Centre, an Isro facility in Mahendragiri, Tamil Nadu.
7. According to Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI), India is the world’s ____largest exporter of iron ore?
According to Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI), India is the world’s third largest exporter of iron ore, but even after the exports is declining. The iron ore production in the country is expected to fall to 100 million tones for 2012-13 a drop of 28. 5 per cent, due to mining ban in states including Goa and Karnataka.
8. In which of the following Northeast states, India’s longest rail-cum-road bridge is being coming up?
India’s longest rail-cum-road bridge is coming up across the mighty Brahmaputra at Bogibeel in Assam. Scheduled to be completed in 2016, the 4.94 km bridge, a product of the 1985 Assam Accord and being implemented by the North East Frontier Railway, will provide connectivity to upper Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
9. Recently (July 2013), 13th National Convention of the Confederation of Real Estate Developer’s Associations of India held at which of the following cities?
13th National Convention of the Confederation of Real Estate Developer’s Associations of India (CREDAI) held at Moscow on July 27, 2013.
10. The 21st Rajiv Gandhi National Sadhbhavna Award for promotion of communal harmony and peace will be conferred on___?
[A]Amjad Ali Khan
[B]A P J Kalam
Amjad Ali Khan
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan was chosen for the 21st Rajiv Gandhi National Sadhbhavna Award for his contribution towards promotion of communal harmony and peace. It will be conferred on Amjad Ali on 20 August 2013, the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.