GK & Current Affairs: July 31, 2013
1. Which one of the following countries is building “Worlds largest gamma-ray Telescope’’?
Astrophysicists from the Irkutsk State University have begun the constructions of the World’s largest gamma-ray telescope: the Tunka-HiSCORE. The telescope will be constructed in Turka valley in Buryatia, close to Russia boarder with Mangolia.
2. Which of the following team has won the South Asian Football Federation Under-16 championship?
India beat Nepal 1-0 to win the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under-16 championship held at the Dasharath stadium in Kathmandu. This is the first time that India has won the championship.
3. The sharing of water of the Mahadayi (Mandovi) River is a cause of dispute between which two states?
[A]Goa and Maharastra
[B]Goa and Karnataka
[C]Karnataka and Maharastra
[D]Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
Goa and Karnataka
The sharing of water of the Mahadayi River is a cause of dispute between the governments of Goa and Karnataka. This is aggravated by Karnataka government’s proposal to divert some water from the Mahadayi River to the Malaprabha river basin as a part of Kalasa Banduri Nala Project.
4. Recently (July 2013), which ministry has become the first Central Ministry to be awarded ISO 9001:2008, quality management certification?
[A]Ministry of Heavy Industry
[B]Ministry of Power
[C]Ministry of Steel
[D]Ministry of Agriculture
Ministry of Steel
The Ministry of Steel under government of India has become the first Central Ministry to be awarded ISO 9001:2008, quality management certification. The Bureau of Indian Standards has conferred the Ministry with the certification for three years.
5. Who among the following is the new Director of National Investigation Agency?
[C]N R Wasan
Haryana cadre IPS officer Sharad Kumar has been appointed the new chief of the National Investigation Agency (NIA). Sharad Kumar will take over from IPS officer N R Wasan. The National Investigation Agency was set up to tackle terrorism related incident in the country. It came into existence after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
6. Recently, which of the following Jail is in news for launching Charka (spinning wheel) unit and an FM radio channel?
Delhi’s Tihar Jain launched a charka unit and FM radio channel. According to Jail officials, the charka unit will spread the messages of non-violence and communal harmony propounded by Mahatma Gandhi and TJ FM Radio will help provide recreation to the inmates.
7. Where is located “National Centre for Biological Sciences”?
The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) located in Bangalore, is a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
8. Which of the following countries will jointly host the 2015 Cricket World Cup?
[A]South Africa and West Indies
[B]England and Canada
[C]India and Sri Lanka
[D]Australia and New Zealand
Australia and New Zealand
Australia and New Zealand will host the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup.
9. The “Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme” was launched to support for modernization of which industry?
[A]Textile and Jute
Textile and Jute
The government of India, Ministry of Textiles, introduced Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme for textile and Jute industry.
10. Which of the following is/are public sector general insurance companies of India?
1.National Insurance Company
2.New India Assurance Co Ltd
3.Oriental Insurance Co Ltd
4.United India Insurance Co Ltd
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1, 2 & 3
[C]Only 2, 3 & 4
[D]All the Above
All the Above
1, 2, 3 & 4 are the only public sector general insurance companies of India.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »