GK & Current Affairs: March 23, 24, 2015
1. As per the 2011 census, which state has highest dalit population in the country?
Punjab has highest dalit population in India which is 31.9 per cent including both Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
2. Which is the only central university in India which has Prime Minister as its chancellor?
[A]Visva Bharati University
[B]Banarasa Hindu Uninversity
[C]Indira Gandhi National Open University
[D]Rajiv Gandhi University
Answer: Visva Bharati University
Visva Bharati University is the only central university which as PM as its chancellor. The President of India is the Paridarsaka (Visitor) of the Univesity, the West Bengal governor is the Pradhana (Reactor).
3. Which country will host the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019?
FIFA (Federation International of Football Association) announced that France has been awarded to the hosting rights of FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019. France also won the hosting right of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2018.
4. Who became the first New Zealand cricketer to score double century in One Day International (ODI) cricket?
Answer: Martin Guptill
Martin Guptill became the first New Zealander to hit a double century in one day international cricket. Guptill hit 237 not out from 163 balls including 11 sixes and 24 fours. It is the highest by an individual in a world cup match surpassing the 215 that Chris Gayle amassed against Zimbabwe.
5. The world’s first hydrogen powered tramcar has rolled off in which country?
China has launched the world’s first hydrogen powered tramcar in country’s Shandong Provenance. The new tram is the only hydrogen powered vehicle in the field and makes China the only country to have mastered the technology.
6. Yousaf Ali Kechery, who passed away recently, was a noted poet in ____?
Yousaf Ali Kechery was a famous Malayalam poet and film personality. A poet of the modern era, he had won several awards for his poetry which include the Odakkuzhal, Kerala Sahitya Academy and Vallathol awards. He also wrote film lyrics, produced and also directed Malayalam films. Winner of numerous film awards, he also won a National Award for a Sanskrit song written for the Malayalam film “Mazha” (Rain) released in 2000.
7. Recently, the union government has appointed Amitabh Bachchan as the brand ambassador for its campaign against which disease?
Answer: Hepatitis B
Union government has roped in Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador for its campaign against hepatitis B. According to latest World Health Organization (WHO) data, India has over 40 million hepatitis B infected patients (second only to China) and constitutes about 15% of the entire pool of hepatitis B in the world. Every year, nearly 600,000 patients die from HBV infection in the Indian subcontinent.
8. The Bandung conference was an important step toward the creation of _____?
[A] Non-Aligned Movement
Answer: Non-Aligned Movement
The Bandung Conference was a meeting of Asian and African states, which took place on April 18–24, 1955 in Bandung, Indonesia. The conference was organised by Indonesia, Burma, Pakistan, Ceylon (Sri Lanka), and India. The conference’s stated aims were to promote Afro-Asian economic and cultural cooperation and to oppose colonialism or neocolonialism by any nation. The conference was an important step toward the Non-Aligned Movement.
9. The winner of prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2014 is __?
Answer: Shashi Kapoor
Veteran actor and producer Shashi Kapoor has been selected for the Dada Saheb Phalke Award for 2014. Kapoor is well known for his performances in films like Jab Jab Phool Khile, Deewar and Kabhi Khabie. The award consists of a Swarn Kamal, a cash prize of Rs 10 lakhs and a shawl. Reference
10. Who is the winner of Indian Wells Open Tennis Men’s Single Title?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
Serbia’s Novak Djokovic has won the Indian Wells Open Tennis Men’s Singles Title. In the final match he defeated Switzerland’s Roger Federer by 6-3 6-7 (5-7) 6-2 score .With this win Djokovic won his fourth Indian Wells Open title and overall 50th tour-level title.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »