GK & Current Affairs: January 19, 20, 2015
Current Affairs Questions and Answers for January 19 and 20 with latest MCQs on India economy rank in world, special category states, Ebola, Theory of Everything, Panchaeshwar Project, Stephen Constatine, Gini coefficient
1. Which among the following countries has occupied first place in the Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI)?
Switzerland has been ranked no.1 in the annual Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI). Switzerland followed by Singapore, Luxemburg, Denmark and United States have been place in the top five. India has been ranked 78th in the list.
2. Who among the following has been appointed as new chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC)?
[A]Chandra Prakash Dwivedi
[D]Syed Abdul Bari
Answer: Pahlaj Nihalani
Pahlaj Nihalani has been appointed the chairperson of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). Nihalani is a former president of the Association of Motion Picture and Television Programme Producers. Nihalani has produced films like “Shola Aur Shabnam” and “Andaz” in the past.
3. To celebrate the power of voters the Election Commission of India has been organising “Matdata Mahotsava” in which city?
Answer: New Delhi
The Election Commission of India has been organising Matdata Mahotsava at the Dilli Haat in South Delhi. The event will showcase India as a vibrant and performing democracy. The event will include a photo exhibition, capturing some special moments from the beginning of general elections to the 16th Lok Sabha.
4. The Gini Coefficient is used to measure _____?
[A]Inequality of income or health
Answer: Inequality of income or health
Gini coefficient represents the income distribution of a country’s residents. It was developed by the Italian statistician and sociologist Corrado Gini. It measures the inequality. The coefficient ranges from zero to one, with zero representing perfect equality and one showing perfect inequality. The more the inequality, the more is Gini Coefficient. The more is the value of Gini Coefficient, the more is gap between rich and poor.
5. Recently appointed Indian men’s football team head coach Stephen Constantine is from__?
Stephen Constantine is an English professional football coach. The All India Football Federation (AIFF) confirms the appointment of Stephen Constantine as the Head Coach for the Senior Men’s National Team of India. Stephen will also be in charge of the India U-23 National Team. Earlier he was India football coach from 2002 to 2005.
6. The Pancheshwar Multipurpose Project (PMP) is a bi-national hydropower project between India and __?
The Pancheshwar Multipurpose Project (PMP) is a bi-national hydropower project to be developed by India and Nepal. The project is on Mahakali River bordering Nepal and India.
7. The movie “The Theory of Everything” is based on the life story of which one of the following celebrated physicist?
[A]Sir Isaac Newton
[D]C V Raman
Answer: Stephen Hawking
The Theory of Everything is the story of the most brilliant and celebrated physicist Stephen Hawking, and Jane Wilde the arts student he fell in love with whilst studying at Cambridge in the 1960s.
8. Which among the following West African countries has been declared Ebola free, recently?
The Malian government and the United Nations have declared the country free of Ebola after registering 42 days without any new cases of the deadly virus. Countries must report no new cases for 42 days or two incubation periods of 21 days to be declared Ebola-free.
9. Which among the following state is not among the Special Category States in India?
Special Category States status is so far extended to 11 states including 7 sisters of the North East viz. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura and the border states of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Sikkim as well as Himalayan state of Uttarakhand.
10. According to International Monetary Fund (2013) estimates, in nominal GDP terms, what is the rank of Indian Economy in world?
India is currently the 10th-largest economy in the world in nominal GDP terms. In purchasing power parity (PPP) terms, it is the third-largest economy, right behind the US and China.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »