GK & Current Affairs: April 15, 16, 2015
1. Recently, which country has agreed to hold first ever joint military exercise with Pakistan?
Russia has agreed to hold first ever joint military exercise with Pakistan. The move is aimed to enhance their defence cooperation. The agreement was reached during a meeting in Moscow between Pakistan defence minister Khawaja Asif and his Russian counterpart Sergei Shoigu.
2. Which of the following stadia is India’s first solar powered sporting venue?
[A]Wankhede stadium, Mumbai
[B]Chinnaswamy stadium, Bengaluru
[C]Eden Garden stadium, Kolkata
[D]Feroz Shah Kotla stadium, New Delhi
Answer: Chinnaswamy stadium, Bengaluru
Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru became the first sporting venue in India when it formally launched a 400kv rooftop solar power system.
3. In terms of number of subscribers, the top telecom operator in the World is?
Answer: China mobile
The China mobile with 818.8 million subscribers is the largest telecom operator in the world.
4. Bidyut Chakraborty, who passed away recently, was a famous film director in which language?
Bidyut Chakraborty was an award-winning Assamese filmmaker, actor and director. Chakraborty, who started out as a stage actor, later took up film production and direction. He even won the National Award for his first film “Rag Birag” in 1996 in the category of Best First Film of a Director. He was also known for his films including “Anurag”, “Gun Gun Gane Gane” and “Dwar”, apart from his role in “Ahir Bhairab”.
5. Who has been chosen for “Champions of Change” by US President?
Answer: Satya Nadella
Microsoft’s Indian-origin CEO Satya Nadella will be awarded with the “Champions of Change” by US President Barack Obama. He was chosen for bringing about a change within his company to support working families. The award is given to those who support working families and have helped to bring about a change within their companies, communities or organisations by advocating for paid sick and paid leave policies and equal pay.
6. World’s largest single exposure of limestone bedrock “Nullarbor Plain” is in which country?
The Nullarbor Plain is in southern Australia, its located on the Great Australian Bight coast with the Great Victoria Desert to its north. It is the world’s largest single exposure of limestone bedrock, and occupies an area of about 200,000 square kilometres (77,000 sq mi).
7. Which Indian Cricketer has been inducted into Laureus Sports Academy recently?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar was inducted into Laureus Sports Academy. He is one of the five new members into the prestigious Laureus Sports Academy. Besides Tendulkar, retired Chinese professional basketball player Yao Ming, Kenyan long-distance runner Tegla Loroupe, Chinese gymnast Li Xiaopeng and former Chinese short track speed skater Yang Yang were the other athletes to be inducted into the Laureus academy.
8. What is the average Intelligence Quotient (IQ) of normal persons?
[A]100 to 120
[B]90 to 110
[C]70 to 130
[D]50 to 100
Answer: 90 to 110
IQ is a number meant to measure people cognitive abilities (intelligence) in relation to their age group. An I.Q between 90 and 110 is considered average; over 120, superior.
9. In which country Prime Minister Modi inaugurated Hannover Industrial Fair-2015?
The Hannover Fair is the world’s largest industrial fair held in Germany. Modi inaugurated Hannover fair where India is a partner country this year. About 400 Indian companies are participating in the fair which will see the presence of about 100-200 Indian CEOs.
10. Apurvi Chandela is related to which among the following sports?
Apurvi Chandela is a shooter who competes in the 10 metre air rifle event. She won bronze in 10m air rifle in the ongoing ISSF world cup in 2015. By this win she qualified for next Olympic Games 2016.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »