GK & Current Affairs : October 29-31, 2014
1. Which among the following banks are based in China?
1. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
2. BRICS Bank
3. Asian Development Bank
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[B]Only 1 & 2
[D]1, 2 & 3
Only 1 & 2
2. Which among the following is / are the two most powerful anti-TB drugs, which if not work, TB turns into MDR-TB?
[A]Isoniazid and Rifampicin
[B]Sulfadimethoxine and Sulfadoxine
[C]Isoniazid and Sulfadimethoxine
[D]Rifampicin and Tinidazole
Isoniazid and Rifampicin
Multi-Drug Resistant TB or MDR-TB is TB that does not respond to at least isoniazid and rifampicin, the two most powerful anti-TB drugs.
3. Recently, the government has eased overseas investment rules in construction sector. According to the new rules, what is the minimum floor area for construction development projects?
4. Through how many states of India, river Ganga flows?
5. World Trade Center, the famous business tower in United States has been recently reopened 13 years after it was grounded by a terror attack. It is located in New York in which among the following divisions?
Thirteen years after the 9/11 attack the resurrected WTC reopened for business. It is a 104-storey building that will mark the skyline of Manhattan and is America’s tallest building.
6. Which player is the lone Indian to feature in the top 10 of the latest Reliance ICC Test Player Rankings?
[C]Mahinder Singh Dhoni
Ravichandran Ashvin is the only Indian to feature in the top 10 of the latest Reliance ICC Test Player. Vernon Philander from South Africa is second in the list while Shakib Al Hasan from Bangladesh is third in place.
7. Who has won the 2014 Earth Hero Award?
A noted environmental educationist in India, Erach Bharucha has been named for the ‘Royal Bank of Scotland Earth Hero’ award 2014.
8. Which among the following government schemes have been launched in collaboration with IITs and NITs?
[A]Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
[B]Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
[C]Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission
[D]Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
Government of India is set to launch a new programme namely, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan. This programme has been launched in collaboration with IITs and NITs. Each IIT will identify 10 villages and work out technologies to solve the basic needs of the community. The idea is to uplift the rural India via a definitive research that can be aligned with national development.
9. Recently, India was re-elected to ECOSOC along with 13 other new members. ECOSOC is a primary organ of __?
[C]World Economic Forum
The newly elected members of ECOSOC are: Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Burkina-Faso, Estonia, France, Ghana, Greece, Germany, Honduras, India, Japan, Mauritiana, Pakistan, Portugal, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
10. In a recent decision by the Union Government, it has announced to amend the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 and include an important constitutional post in the selection process. What is the name of that post?
[A]Leader of Opposition
Leader of Opposition
Leader of Opposition will now be a member of the Lokpal Selection Panel. The Bill for the same will be introduced in the winter session of the Parliament.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »