General Knowledge & Current Affairs Quiz: December 9, 10, 2013
1. Which among the following countries has recently become the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume marijuana (drug)?
Uruguay has become the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume marijuana. After a long debate, senators gave the government-sponsored bill their historic approval. The law allowing registered Uruguyans over 18 to buy up to 40 g of the drug a month.
2. “Long Walk to Freedom” is an autobiographical work written by __?
[D]George W Bush
Long Walk to Freedom is an autobiographical work written by South African President Nelson Mandela. The book profiles his early life, coming of age, education and 27 years in prison. (wikipedia)
3. Google has recently opened its first ever data centres in Asia to boost its growth further in the region. The two new centres are based in ___?
[A]India and China
[B]Taiwan and China
[C]Taiwan and Singapore
[D]Singapore and India
Taiwan and Singapore
Google has opened its first ever data centres in Asia as it looks to boost its growth further in the region. The two new centres are based in Taiwan and Singapore.
4. Which country is launching a national research project to study the genetic basis of the disease in its population?
Saudi Arabia is launching a national research project to study the genetic basis of the disease in which up to 100,000 people are have to their genetic codes mapped in new human genome project. The research will look at genes linked with diseases, and pave the way for prenatal and premarital screening.
5. Who among the following was crowned Miss Earth 2013?
Miss Venezuela, Alyz Henrich was crowned Miss Earth 2013 title at pageant organised at Versailles Palace, Philippines.
6. United Nations Human Rights Day was observed on December 10. The Theme of this year’s observance was__ ?
[A]20 Years Working for Your Rights
[B]Protecting Human Rights
[C]Our Rights Our Dignity
[D]Fight for Human Rights
20 Years Working for Your Rights
UN marks 10 December as Human Rights Day calling for greater political will and resources to implement laws and standards designed to promote and protect the rights and dignity of all people everywhere.
7. As per the latest FICCI report, which of the following states has emerged as the biggest exporter of buffalo meat from the country?
Uttar Pradesh has emerged as the biggest exporter of buffalo meat from the country with Punjab and Maharashtra trending behind. Apart from having the country’s largest buffalo population it also has highest number of abattoirs-cum meat processing export units.
8. India’s “Chitra Magimairaj” is associated with which of the following sports/event?
Chitra Magimairaj is a Snooker player. She won Bronze medal at the IBSF World Snooker Championship.
9. The “Mahajan Commission” was constituted to look into the border dispute between which two states?
[A]Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
[B]Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra
[C]Maharashtra and Karnataka
[D]Karnataka and Kerala
Maharashtra and Karnataka
The Government of India constituted the Mahajan Commission to look into the border dispute between the Maharashtra and Karnataka.
10. The “Tsukheniye”, “Bishu”, “Moatsu” and “Tuluni” are the important festivals celebrated by the Tribal people of ___?
Nagaland is known as the land of festivals, as each tribe celebrates its own festival with dedication and passion. Tsukheniye, Bishu, Moastu and Tuluni are some of the important festivals celebrated by Naga people.