Arunachal Pradesh Infrastructure Financing Authority
The Arunachal Pradesh Government is to establish Arunachal Pradesh Infrastructure Financing Authority. The decision was taken by the cabinet during the golden Jubilee celebrations.
The state of Arunachal Pradesh was created in 1972. And in 2022, it has been 50 years. Thus, the state is celebrating its 50th anniversary. On the first day of the month long celebrations, the cabinet made several decisions.
- To confer “Arunachal Ratna” award to Late K A A Raja. The award is one of the highest state awards of Arunachal Pradesh. He was a former governor.
- Financial assistance to 500 self help groups. They are to be provided with one lakh rupees each.
- Three hundred primary level federations will receive two lakh rupees each
- District Level Good Governance Index is to be formulated
- Selecting fifty schools to develop as the “Golden Jubilee Model Schools”. Rs 12 crores of financial assistance per school has been estimated for this project. In all the model school project will receive 500 crores of rupees.
- 365 infrastructure projects are to be inaugurated and completed between 2022 and 2023.
- Golden Jubilee Merit Award for students competing in class 12 and entering premier institutions such as IITs, IIMs, AIIMS, etc.
- Additional 5000 rupees over the existing 20,000 rupees for the “Dulhari Kanya Scheme”.
About the Financing Authority
The authority will look after the development needs of the state. It will work towards all round development of the state and also will focus on improving the ease of living of the locals.
Arunachal Pradesh Statehood Day
The previous North East Frontier Agency was named Arunachal Pradesh on January 20, 1972. It was made a union territory. It was made a state in 1987. Three options were considered while naming the state. They are Brahma Mandal, Udayanchal and Arunachal. Arunachal was chosen. Arunachal Pradesh means “Land of rising sun”. It is bounded by China, Myanmar, Bhutan, Assam and Nagaland. It shares its borders with three countries.