Varanasi International Cricket Stadium
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to visit Varanasi to mark a significant occasion as he lays the foundation stone of the international cricket stadium in his constituency.
Key Highlights of the Project
Here are five crucial aspects of this remarkable project:
- Foundation Stone Ceremony: At approximately 1:30 PM, Prime Minister Modi will lay the foundation stone of the stadium. The modern sports facility, spanning 30 acres in Varanasi’s Ganjari, aims to provide world-class infrastructure for sports.
- Architectural Inspiration: The stadium’s architectural design will draw inspiration from Lord Shiva. It will feature distinctive elements, including trident-shaped floodlights, crescent-shaped roof covers, ghat steps-based seating, and Bilvipatra-shaped metallic sheets on the facade.
- Cost and Investment: The Uttar Pradesh government has allocated ₹121 crore for land acquisition. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will invest ₹330 crore in constructing the stadium, which is expected to accommodate 30,000 spectators.
- Esteemed Guests: The ceremony is anticipated to witness the presence of renowned cricketers such as Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri, and other luminaries. BCCI officials, including President Roger Binny, Vice President Rajiv Shukla, and Secretary Jay Shah, are also expected to attend.
- Unique Seating Design: The stadium’s spectator seating area will emulate the iconic steps of Varanasi’s ghats. Located in the Rajatalab area near the Ring Road, the stadium is scheduled for completion by December 2025.
Category: States Current Affairs