UIDAI to host ‘Aadhaar Hackathon 2021’
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is set to host the ‘Aadhaar Hackathon 2021’ from October 28, 2021.
About Aadhaar Hackathon
- The Aadhaar Hackathon is set to identify young innovators in the area of information technology.
- The event will start from October 28 and end on October 31, 2021.
- Hackathon will be organised for young innovators who are still at various engineering institutes and seeks to step into the real world.
- It will be the first-ever event being conducted by Aadhaar team.
Theme of the event
Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 has been themed on two topics:
- Enrolment and Update:This topic primarily covers some of the real-life challenges which are faced by the residents while they update their address.
- Identity and Authentication:Under this theme, the UIDAI is soliciting innovative solutions for proving the identity without sharing Aadhaar number or any demographic information. It is also looking for innovative applications related to face authentication API, which is the newly launched authentication modality of the UIDAI. Its objective is to popularise existing as well as new APIs for solving the needs of residents.
To solve these challenges, UIDAI is reaching out to all engineering colleges through innovative technological solutions.
How to register
One can register for the hackathon by visiting “hackathon.uidai.gov.in” website.
Prize money and other benefits
UIDAI will also reward winners under each theme through prize money and other lucrative benefits.
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
UIDAI is a statutory authority which was established under the provisions of the Aadhaar Act 2016 on July 12, 2016. It was established under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). It was created to issue Unique Identification numbers (UID), dubbed as “Aadhaar”, to all the residents of India.
Category: Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|