Quiz – Current Affairs October 15, 2012
1. Recently, which among the following Indian banks has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (Africa) to serve the growing needs of Indian corporates in the continent?
[A]State Bank of India
2. Which among the following day is being observed as the International Day of Rural Women across the globe?
In December 2007 the UN General Assembly decided that the particular role of rural women should be highlighted by making 15th October 2008 the first International Day of Rural Women.
3. Recently, which among the following country scientists decoded the genome of the fungus Macrophomina phaseolinaare and confident that the breakthrough will help tackle an organism that blights valuable crop plants such as jute, rice, cotton, maize and soybean?
4. Which among the following country is the host for the 4th OECD World Forum on Statistics, Knowledge, and Policy?
5. Recently, who among the following became the first woman to take office as the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (AUC)?
6. Which among the following IT major will be launching the Watson super-computer?
7. In the recently-concluded ICC World Twenty20, who among the following is chosen as Player of the Tournament?
8. Recently, who among the following has won the World Rally Championship drivers’ title for a record ninth consecutive year recently?
9. Recently, who among the following is appointed as the President of Global chip-maker Intel’s India operations?
[A]D D Mishra
10. Recently, which among the following engineering services company has won the Golden Peacock Award for ‘Excellence in Corporate Governance’ for the year 2012 in London?
The award was given based on the recommendations of the jury headed by Justice P N Bhagawati, former Chief Justice of India and Member, UN Human