The ‘Paracel Islands’ and ‘Spratly Islands’, sometimes seen in news are disputed territories among which of the following?
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
2. Which of the following volcano(es) is/are active?
1. Mt. Kilimanjaro
2. Mt. Cotopaxi
3. Mauna Loa
3. Which of the following local winds is/are not correctly matched in the region which they blow?
1.Mistral – cold northerly wind from central France and the Alps to Mediterranean
2.Sirocco – Southerly wind from north Africa to southern Europe
3.Chinook – Warm dry westerly wind off the Rocky Mountains
4.Harmattan – Dry northerly wind across central Africa
4. The nutritional supplements Spirulina, Chorella and the Vitamin-C supplement, Dunaliella are actually :
5. The first British ‘Presidency’ in India was established at :
6. Ahmad Shah Abdali invaded India for the first time during the reign of which among the following Mughal Emperors?
7. Neel-Darpan’ by Din Bandhu Mitra portrays the plight of :
8. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was a great 19th Century Social Reformer who waged a struggle for/against which of the following social cause?
9. Who among the following was popularly known as the ‘Frontier Gandhi’?
10. Human Papilloma Virus is related to which of the following diseases?