Quiz 551: General Knowledge Questions
1. In India, the RBI has mandated the banks to hold 24 per cent of their net demand and time liabilities (NDTL) in a liquid portfolio under the statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) regime. What are the benefits of this system?
- Provides strength to Financial System
- Increases flow of credit to productive sectors
- Provides growth to Indian Economy
Which among the above is/ are correct?
2. If the Reserve Bank of India wants to block / hinder the Capital Outflows and contain the currency depreciation, which among the following would be the most possible action?
3. The power of the commercial banks to expand deposits through expanding their loans and advances is known as which among the following?
4. Consider the following:
- Short Term Funds
- Medium Term Funds
- Long Term Funds
Which among the above is/ are dealt in the Indian Capital Market?
5. The implementation of which among the following programmes is/ was based upon the concept of the Self Help Groups (SHGs)?
6. The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act mandates at least what fraction of the beneficiaries to be women?
7. The purchase of shares and bonds of Indian companies by Foreign Institutional Investors is called?
8. Trade of which among the following commodities faced a worst shortage in Japan because of the radiation leaking from the crippled Fukushima Dai-Ichi power station?
9. The Financial Sector Assessment Program (FSAP) is a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of a country’s financial sector. This programme is conducted by which among the following?
10. Which among the following is an incorrect statement: