Quiz 550: General Studies for UPSC & State PSC Examinations
1. Consider the following:
Which among the above are plantation crops?
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
2. What was India’s external debt to GDP ratio at end-December 2010?
3. Which among the following always decreases in a Food chain across tropic levels?
4. The concept of ‘Lead Bank Scheme’ was first mooted by the Gadgil Study Group in late 1960s. Recently which of the following working groups has mooted the idea that Private sector banks should be given a greater role in Lead Banking Scheme action plans, particularly in areas of their presence?
[D]Dr. K. C. Chakrabarty,
5. In context with the operation of a transport business from scratches, which among the following mode would follow the Highest Fixed Cost and Lowest Running Cost?
6. The hormonal activities of which of the following substances were discovered while studying “foolish seedling” disease in rice?
7. In which of the following countries are located the world’s largest helium-rich natural gas fields?
8. Which among the following is the driest desert in Earth?
9. The term Cyberknife is most closely associated with which among the following?
10. Which among the following is a correct definition of the Political Party in India?
[A]Political party means an association or a body of individual citizens of India registered with the Election Commission as a political party under provisions of Article 324 of Constitution of India
[B]Political party means an association or a body of individual citizens of India notified as a Political party by the Election Commission of India
[C]Political party means an association or a body of individual citizens of India which has been able to secure certain number of votes as prescribed by the Election Commission
[D]Political party means an association or a body of individual citizens of India registered with the Election Commission as a political party under provisions of Section 29A of Representation of People Act, 1951
11. In January 2011, with the navy of which among the following countries, Indian Navy carried out the Salvage Exercises (SALVEX)?
12. Consider the following:
1. Kisan Vikas Patra
2. Public Provident Fund
3. Post Office Savings
Which among the above are considered to be the small savings in India ?
[B]1 & 3
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
13. The Jhamarkotra mines of Rajasthan are best known for which among the following minerals?
14. Consider the following statements:
1. National Small Savings Fund (NSSF) was set up on 1st April, 1999
2. NSSF is a part of the Public Account of India
3. The State Governments can borrow money from the National Small Savings Fund
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[A]Only 1 is correct
[B]1 & 2 are correct
[C]1 & 3 are correct
[D]All are correct
15. The colors in the fine cut diamond are because of which among the following?
[A]Variance in transparency of diamond
[B]Variance in index of refraction
[C]Presence of Impurities
[D]Existence of definite planer layers