Quiz 515 : General Knoweldge for UPSC Examinations
This Quiz is part of Our Mock Test Series for Civil Services Examination 2011
1. The Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) is commonly known as _______?
(A)Foot & Mouth Disease
(B)Mad Cow Disease
2. The 40+9 recommendations are related to which among the following organizations/ bodies?
(A)Global Task Force on Implications and Policy
(B)Financial Action Task Force
(D)Global Task Force on Cholera Control
3. Consider the following reasons of why India became a regular member of the Financial Action Task Force:
1. It will help India to build the capacity to fight terrorism and trace terrorist money
2. It will help India to successfully investigate and prosecute money laundering and terrorist financing offences
3. It will help India to have a greater access to the international grants and aids
Which among the above is / are correct?
(B)Only 1 & 2
(C)Only 1 & 3
(D)Only 2 & 3
4. The term SILK scheme is related to which among the following markets in India?
(C)Micro, small and medium Industries
5. In North East India, which among the following states has the largest percentage in growth of forest cover from 1987 onwards as per the recent data released?
6. Which among the following is the objective of amending Sections 43(3)(a) and 44 of the Wildlife Protection Act 1972 in a proposed amendment bill?
(A)To make a room for protection of marine biodiversity
(B)To abandon the trade of peacock feathers
(C)To make the central government authorized to transfer lions from any reserve to any other reserve in same or other state of India
(D)To devise a legislative measures to protect the invertebrate species
7. There are National Research Centers (NRC) established in India under an ongoing scheme of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research. In this context consider the following:
1. NRC-Citrus : Nagpur
2. NRC-Grapes : Kolhapur
3. NRC-Banana : Trichy
4. NRC- Litchi : Muzaffarpur
which among the above matches are correct?
(A)1, 2, 4
(B)1, 3, 4,
(D)2, 3, 4
8. Which among the following international bodies have taken active interest in launching the “Global Tiger Initiative” to save tigers and conserve tiger habitats?
(A)United Nations Environment Programme
(C)World Wildlife Institute
(D)World Economic Forum
9. Who among the following had established a branch of Muslim League in London ?
(C)Mohammad Ali Jinnah
(D)Chaudhary Liaqat Ali
10. Which of the following Viceroys of India used to write poems with the Pen name of “Owen Meredith”?
11. Consider the following statements:
1. The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana was launched by the Ministry of Health, Government of India to provide health insurance coverage for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families
2. Only 5 members of a family are covered by Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
(A)Only 1 is correct
(B)Only 2 is correct
(C)Both 1 & 2 are correct
(D)Neither 1 nor 2 are correct
12. Which among the following options represents a correct sequence of India’s largest trade partners in the ASEAN bloc for the period of 2010-11?
(A)Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam
(B)Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam
(C)Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam
(D)Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand
13. Consider the following statements:
1. In the Ryotwari System , the Government retained the right to resume the land at will
2. In the Ryotwari System, the Government retained the right to enhance the land revenue at will
Which among the above is/ are correct statements?
(A)Only statement 1 is correct
(B)Only Statement 2 is correct
(C)Both statements are correct
(D)Both statements are incorrect
14. The Defense ministry of India takes part in the Shared Awareness and De-Confliction (SHADE) Meetings with other countries for which among the following purposes?
(C)Cross Border Terrorism
(D)International Organized Crimes
15. Chenab River also known as Chandrabhaga forms with the merging of Chandra and Bhaga Rivers near which among the following places?
(B)Lahaul & Spiti
© www.gktoday.in« Previous QuizNext Quiz »