Inclusive Growth and Issues Arising From It
- Neither private sector, nor government alone can bring in inclusive growth in the country. There is a need for a new model of cooperation between public and private sector. Discuss.
- What are the salient features of "inclusive growth"? Has India been experiencing such a growth process? Analyze and suggest measures for inclusive growth.
- Can appointment of Social media executives for each district in India mark the journey towards the inclusive governance?
- What are the objectives of the Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)?
- India has committed to double the farmers income by 2022. What lessons can India take from china which has undertaken a similar initiative?
- Suggest ways and measures to double farmer’s income by 2022.
- Inclusivity in Health, Education & Employment
- The skill India mission of the government of India faces a 3E challenge, Education, Employment & Employability. Discuss and suggest measures to overcome these challenges.
- It is often argued that a circular economy has solutions to the economic problems in India. What are the principles on which circular economy is based? Discuss its relevance in India.
- Pradhanmantri Jan Dhan Yojna has played a significant role in increasing financial inclusion. Analyze its performance in achieving its objectives.
- The need of the hour is to do away with traditional accounting methods like GDP calculation and move towards more comprehensive methods that accounts for Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services as well to establish link between economy and environment. In this context, discuss the initiatives taken by India.
- Economic policies focused only on quantitative aspect of growth have not shown trickle-down effect. Inclusive growth only can ensure equitable distribution of fruits of progress. Elaborate.
- India needs a targeted region-specific action plan in order to achieve an equitable distribution of fruits of prosperity, owing to its geographical diversity and varied levels of development across regions. Elaborate.
- India’s per capita GDP has grown five times in last two decades, however the income distribution is highly uneven. In this context, discuss the issue of rising inequality in India.
- Explain the concept of inclusive growth and examine its significance for overall development of India.
- Microcredit has multiple advantages but its effectiveness as a financial tool has come under question in recent times. Discuss in the context of India.
- Investment in social infrastructure is imperative for an inclusive and sustainable growth in India. Discuss.
- It has been argued by some that increased penetration of technology and industrialization has led to increase in inequality in India, however the reasons for the same lie somewhere else. Critically analyze.
- The digital financial inclusion in India has seen an exponential growth in past few years. Identify the factors responsible for it and steps taken by the government in this regard. Also, discuss the challenges that remain.
- Economic empowerment alone cannot provide social security; social empowerment is needed along with it. Discuss in the context of India.
- A well-developed food processing industry will not only help in achieving the food security goal, but will also promote inclusive growth. Discuss. Also, highlight the competitive advantage that India posses in this sector.
- What are the impediments to rural growth in India? Suggest some solutions.
- Comment on the situation of the informal sector in India. What are the challenges faced by them? Enumerate the government's initiatives to benefit this sector.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock