GS-III: Food Processing and Related Industries
- In recent times, the demand for Packaged Food has been increasing consistently. Discuss the reasons evaluating how this can be used to strengthen the farm sector in India.
- Explain the Upstream /Downstream Industries and Forward / Backward Linkages with reference to Food Processing Industry.
- Throw light on the hub and spoke architecture of a Mega Food Park examining its forward and backward linkages.
- To what extent, the Mega Food Park Scheme is able to link farm produce to the market? Critically examine the key issues incidental thereto.
- Examine the rationality of the proposed National Food Grid in context with seasonal spike of food prices in the country.
- With respect to the storage of the agricultural produce, there has been a long debate whether Flat warehouses are good for India or we need to modernize them by having vertical silos. Discuss the pros and cons of the both.
- What are the major roadblocks to connect India's agri-system to the food processing industry and through it to the global value chain? Discuss.
- The Food Processing Industry in India suffers from long and fragmented supply chain. Can contract farming provide plausible solution to this problem? Discuss.
- Analyze the key challenges to India's food processing industry from production to consumption.
- Contrast the role of private corporate sector vis-à-vis public sector in their respective share of investment in Indian Agriculture.
- What are the flaws in the existing laws for pesticide management in the country? Discuss in the light of proposed Pesticide Management Bill 2017.
- Giving suitable examples, critically discuss why a thriving food processing industry has potential to address the unemployment crisis in India.
- Every year, India witnesses large amount of wastage of fruits, vegetables and grains due to lack of effective food supply chain management. Discuss while suggesting measures to address this challenge.
- With suitable examples, explain the upstream and downstream requirements of processed and packed food industry.
- Right marketing strategies and an efficient supply chain are imperative to make India a global food supply leader. Elucidate.
- Highlight the potential, significance of food processing sector in India. Also mention the issues that have plagued the development of this sector.
- A well-developed food processing industry will not only help in achieving the food security goal, but will also promote inclusive growth. Discuss. Also, highlight the competitive advantage that India posses in this sector.
- State the factors behind emergence of food processing sector as a high-growth and high-profit sector in India.
- Comment on the need to increase spending on R&D for the agriculture sector.
- How big a role is the FMCG sector playing in India’s economic recovery? What are the impediments to this sector’s growth?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock