Factors Responsible for the Location of Industries [World]
- Account for the spatial distribution of food gathering as main economic activity around the world.
- Though the population of hunter-gatherers have declined drastically around the world, there are some tribes which have managed to maintain much of their identity as hunter-gatherers even in this era. Discuss while citing suitable examples.
- Discuss the spatial distribution of nomadic pastoralism around the world and explain the concept of transhumance.
- Account for the spatial distribution of Livestock Ranching around the world.
- Discuss the spatial pattern of commercial fishing as economic activity around the world.
- Discuss the spatial distribution of major fishing grounds around the world.
- In recent decades, the share of the developed countries in the fishing activity has declined while share of the developing countries has increased. Explain.
- Give an account of spatial pattern of Pearl fishing and pearl culture industry around the world.
- Provide an account of spatial pattern and distribution of Cork Industry around the world. Why Cork Industry is called a sustainable industry?
- Production of Commercial Timber / Lumbering around the world is concentrated in the mid-latitude regions. Why? Explain while giving an account of spatial distribution of Commercial Timber Belts Forests around the world.
- Elucidate the difference between tropical and temperate forest while keeping in focus their natural resources.
- Discuss the Location and Characteristics of Commercial Grain Farming industry around the world.
- Discuss the location and characteristics of commercial mixed farming and Mixed Cropping as an economic activity around the world.
- Give an account of Livestock Ranching as economic activity around the world. Why livestock ranching is not very popular in countries like India and China?
- Examine the locational aspects of Sheep rearing as an economic activity around the world.
- Discuss the major areas around the world where Commercial Dairy Farming is practiced as main economic activity.
- Despite the fact that Kenya’s tea industry is relatively new, the country has become third largest producer of the beverage in last few decades only. Critically analyze the geographical factors that have played role in this?
- Why most of the coffee production is limited within the tropical zone around the world. Explain while giving an account of the main coffee producing areas worldwide.
- “Though much of the consumption of cocoa occurs in the mid-latitudes, the production is confined largely to West Africa, eastern part of Brazil and the Caribbean mainland and islands.” Discuss focussing on location factors.
- For almost three decades – from the later part of XIX century through second decade of the XX century- natural rubber underpinned one of the most important development booms in Brazil."Discuss.
- Account for the change in the spatial pattern of the Iron and Steel industry in the world.
- Discuss the locational aspects of Natural Gas production around the World.
- Differentiate between raw material oriented industries and market-oriented industries with suitable examples.
- Explain the concept of Geographical Inertia with respect to location of Industries.
- Explain how Government Policy functions as a factor deciding location of industries.
- Elucidate the locational aspects of cotton textile industry around the World.
- Discuss the locational aspects of woolen textile industry around the world.
- Discuss the locational aspects of silk textile industry around the world.
- Examine the factors responsible for the location of Jute industry around the World.
- Examine the factors responsible for the location of sugar industry around the world.
- Examine the distribution and factors responsible for the pulp & paper textile industry around the World.
- Examine the distribution and factors responsible for the location of Chemical Fertilizer industry around the world.
- Discuss the locational aspects of cement industry around the world.
- Examine the location distribution and factors responsible for such distribution of Engineering Goods industry around the world.
- What are footloose industries? Identify the factors influencing the location of these industries.
- Discuss the impacts of globalization on the location of IT industry.
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Mains GS Topic: Factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock