Economics of Animal Rearing
- Critically examine the role of Livestock in farming economy of India. Do you agree with the view that in recent times, there has been a structural shift in agriculture sector due to Livestock rearing? Substantiate your stand.
- "Due to mechanization of agricultural operations and declining farm sizes; livestock has lost their position in Indian economy."Do you agree with this view? Argue.
- "Distribution of livestock wealth is more egalitarian, compared to land in India". Explain.
- Discuss the income elasticity of demand and consumption pattern in terms of animal products in India.
- Enumerate the salient features of National Dairy Plan Phase-I.
- What are the major problems of India's Dairy sector? Do you agree that unorganized dairy sector is reaping the benefits of favorable consumption dynamics"? Opine.
- "Traditionally, the output of marine fisheries used to be higher than that of inland fisheries. However, since 1991, India's Inland fish production has increased gradually."Examine
- "Inland aquaculture holds the key to the blue revolution in the country."Discuss critically.
- Discuss the national status of National Egg Coordination Committee, throwing its role in Indian poultry sector.
- What is social, cultural, religious and economic relevance of Mithun? Discuss the economics of animal rearing in context with Mithun in several parts of India.
- Economics of animal rearing can help to a great extent in doubling real incomes of farmers by 2022. However, there is a need to remove the anti-farm bias by recognizing incomes from allied sectors as farm incomes. Explain.
- Livestock rearing should be kept at the centre of poverty alleviation programmes. Analyze.
- Explain the terms LED fishing, bull- trawling, purse seining and gill netting with respect to fishing highlighting issues created by each of them.
- What was the contribution of Sardar Patel in Dairy Sector of India?
- How the Sex Sorted Semen scheme of Uttar Pradesh aims to address the menace of stray bulls?
- Farmers of India are moving to buffaloes in place of cows. The farmer decision-making is largely influenced by the economic factors. Examine this in light of livestock policies of the country.
- Poultry Sector has organized itself into an organized business. But this development is highly skewed. Comment
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock