GS-II: Basic Structure Doctrine
- The basic structure doctrine transformed the role of Supreme Court from interpretative" to "proactive", thus ensuring that India has a thriving democracy". Critically analyze.
- To safeguard and uphold the freedom of speech and expression in India, it is imperative to adequately reform colonial laws that curtail free speech. Discuss.
- Explain delegated legislation and administrative adjudication. Also discuss issues associated with them.
- The preamble to the Indian constitution cannot be regarded as a source of any prohibition or limitation. Discuss in the context of various judgements of the Supreme Court.
- It has been observed on many occasions that the Right to freedom of religion often clashes with the right to equality and individual dignity. Discuss in the light of constitutional provisions and recent judicial pronouncements.
- Highlight the indispensability of the doctrine of separation of powers for a democracy. Elucidate the principle of ‘checks and balances’ and discuss it in context of India.
- Article 22, despite being a fundamental right, has some parts which pose as ‘fundamental dangers’. Examine the above statement in the light of debate surrounding preventive detention laws in India.
- In view of the recent case against The Wire, discuss the legal provisions regarding defamation in India. What is the case for decriminalization of this offense?
This is a dynamic E-Book comprising the below UPSC Mains Model Questions as well as their answers written by GKToday team. The PDF E-Book can be instantly downloaded after payment. No Hadcopy is provided.
Disclaimer: These questions have been written and answered by GKToday team over the period of time; and have included some previous years questions also. While every effort was made to ensure that these questions as well as their answers remain relevent and correct, it is possible, that some facts or context in some questions might have changed over time. GKToday does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by such change of facts or context in the questions and answers of this E-book.
Out of stock