INDRA-2021 to be held at Volgograd from August 1
From 1st to 13th August India and Russia will hold the 12th edition of joint military exercise in Russia’s Volgograd.
- The exercise is named INDRA 2021. It will further strengthen and develop the bilateral security cooperation of the two countries.
- This exercise will reinforce the longstanding bond of friendship, understanding and cooperation between India and Russia.
- It will necessitate the conduct of counter-terror operations under the mandate of United Nations by a joint operative force against international terrorist organizations.
- 250 personnel from both the nations will take part in this exercise.
- This exercise will further enhance the interoperability and mutual confidence between the Indian and Russian Armies
- Through this exercise the armies of both the countries will be able to share the best practices between themselves.
Indian Army contingent
The Indian Army contingent will comprise of a Mechanised Infantry Battalion that underwent rigorous trainings at various locations across India to refine their skills to take part in this India-Russia joint exercise.
Volgograd is a Russian city which is situated on the western bank of the river Volga.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021