Miami Open: Hubert Hurkacz of Poland wins the title
Hubert Hurkacz of Poland has won the Miami Open title. He won the title playing against Jannik Sinner. Hubert has become the Poland’s first Masters 1000 Champion.
- In 2018, Hubert qualified for the Next Gen ATP Finals held in Milan.
- In 2019, he won his first ATP title in Winston-Salem.
- His best performance in Grand Slam has been reaching the third round at Wimbledon in 2019.
- In 2020 French Open, he was seeded at No.29.
- In 2021, he was seeded 4th at the Delray Beach Open.
- He reached quarter finals at the 2021 Great Ocean Road Open. It was held in Melbourne, Australia.
Hubert Hurkacz uses an all-court game strategy. The other tennis strategies used by the players are baseliners and volleyers.
- A baseliner plays from back of the tennis court. He prefers to hit ground strokes. These players allow more time to react to their opponent’s shots.
- A volleyer prefers to hit volleys. He allows less time for his opponent to react to his shots. Volley is a shot in tennis where the ball is struck before it bounces on the ground. The main objective of volley is to cut the reaction time of the opponent.
- An all-court player plays somewhere between the above two strategies.
The Miami Open is also called the Miami Masters. The tournament is held at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida. The tournament is being held from 1987.
It is a series of nine tennis tournaments that features top ranked players. Novak Djokovic holds the record for winning most of the titles in this series. He is the only tennis player to complete Career Golden Masters.