GK & Current Affairs: September 25, 26, 2014
1. What is the current (September 2014) Sovereign Rating as per the rating agency Standard & Poor’s?
Recently, the global rating firm Standard & Poor’s has revised the outlook on India’s rating to ‘stable’ from ‘negative’. However, the Sovereign Rating remains at BBB- in long term and A-3 in short term.
2. Chennai Super Kings, the winner of latest Champions League Twenty20, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of __?
Chennai Super Kings, the Indian Premier League Chennai franchise is the first Indian team to win the Champions League Twenty20 and first to repeat the win in 2014. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of India Cements.
3. The Indian women’s Kabaddi team has won the gold medal at Incheon Asian Games. Which team did they defeat to bag the medal?
The Indian women’s kabaddi team has won the second successive gold medal at the Asian Games. At the last Asian Games, it had won the gold medal at Guangzhou, four years ago.
4. Which Indian player refused to accept Medal at the podium to protest the loss of semi-finals at Incheon Asian Games?
Sarita had refused to accept her bronze medal at the podium to protest the semifinal loss to South Korean Jina Park. She is now facing disciplinary action from the AIBA.
5. In the recent Asian Games, which Indian player’s medal got upgraded from bronze to silver after one of her competitor’s who finished ahead of her tested positive for doping?
The Asian Games hammer throw bronze won by India’s Manju Bala has been upgraded to silver after one of the two Chinese competitors who finished ahead of her in the women’s final, returned positive for dope test.
6. Who was the founder of Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh?
[B]Shyam Sundar Chakravarthy
[D]Keshav Baliram Hedgewar
Keshav Baliram Hedgewar
Keshav Baliram Hedgewar founded RSS in 1925 who was a doctor at Nagpur.
7. The recent Hong Kong pro-democracy protests have been dubbed as?
[D]Hong Kong revolution
The revolution for democracy has been named as ‘umbrella revolution’ as there is seen an increased use of umbrellas by the protestors to protect themselves from pepper sprays or water canons used by the ruling government to dislodge them.
8. Who among the following is the winner of the Eagleburg Masters title 2014 (in Golf)?
Rashid Khan from Delhi has lifted the Eagleburg Masters title 2014, held at Bangalore. Rashid shot a composed three-under-69 on the final day at the Eagleton Golf Resort to finish with a four- round total of 269.
9. Which bank has recently launched the cardless cash withdrawal service across India?
ICICI has come up with the alluring scheme of cardless withdrawal of money. The customers don’t need to have an ATM card and can smoothly transfer money from their accounts to anyone in India.
10. What is the name of the ceasefire agreement signed between pro-Russian rebels and Ukraine?
Minsk Agreement was signed between the two warring sides. The agreement which was signed last week was brokered by Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). This has brought peace to the disturbed region after 5 months after Russia had occupied Crimea.