GK & Current Affairs : November 15-16, 2016
1. Padmini Rout is associated with which sports?
Padmini Rout has recently won the 43rd edition of National Women Premier Chess Championship 2016 in New Delhi. It is 3rd time she won the championship. Rout is an Indian chess player who holds the titles of International Master and Woman Grandmaster.
2. Which Indian city is hosting the 2016 National Children’s Film Festival (NCFF) ?
The 2nd edition of National children’s film festival (NCFF) has started at Birla Auditorium in Jaipur, Rajasthan on November 14, 2016 with the theme “Make in India”.
3. Who is the head of a task force formed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to re-calibrate all ATMs and cash dispensing machines with the new design of (Rs 500 and Rs 2000) notes?
[A]H R Khan
[B]N S Vishwanathan
[C]S S Mundra
Answer: S S Mundra
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has formed a special task force under the Chairmanship of Deputy G Governor of RBI SS Mundra to re-calibrate all ATMs and cash dispensing machines with the new design of (Rs 500 and Rs 2000) notes. The task force will consists of representatives from the government, large banks like SBI, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and select channels.
4. How much loan amount has been sanctioned by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to build India’s longest river bridge across the Ganges River?
Answer: $500 million
The Government of India (GoI) has recently signed a $500 million loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to build a 9.8 km long road bridge across the Ganges River to improve transport connectivity between North and South Bihar and for better link between Patna and the surrounding areas. This will be India’s longest river bridge. The project will also build viaducts, embankments, and toll and service facilities, and will link to national highway networks.
5. India has recently signed agreements with which country in the field of water resources management and agriculture?
India and Israel has inked two agreements in the field of water resources management and agriculture. The agreements were signed between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Israeli President Reuven Rivlin in New Delhi.
6. India’s first Cherry Blossom Festival has started in which state?
India’s first Cherry Blossom Festival has started at Shillong in Meghalaya on November 14, 2016, which is widely celebrated in Japan. The 4-day festival will provide opportunities to showcase the unique beauty of pink and white cherry blossoms and traditional arts, culture and cuisine to the naturalists and tourists of state. The Cherry Blossom Festival is popularly known as Sakura Festival in Japan i.e. held in April every year.
7. The book “Heyday: Britain and the Birth of the Modern World” has been authored by whom?
[A]G M Young
Answer: Ben Wilson
The book “Heyday: Britain and the Birth of the Modern World” has been authored by Ben Wilson. It is a lucid survey of episodes, diversities of experience and responses to these innovations as the Northern Atlantic cultures begin to span far-flung geographies and histories of peoples.
8. The 2016 World Internet Conference has started in which country?
The 3rd edition of World Internet Conference has started in Wuzhen, China on November 16, 2016 to discuss the future of the digital economy.The 3-day event is expected to be attended by delegates from more than 120 countries, including 8 top foreign leaders.
9. Which state has become the first Indian state to adopt the Fly Ash Utilization Policy?
The Maharashtra government has become the first Indian state to adopt the Fly Ash Utilization Policy to generate wealth from waste and environment protection. The state cabinet has recently approved a policy for 100 % use of fly ash generated from thermal power plants and biogas plants for construction activities. The policy will create new employment opportunities in the power plant sector and pave way for prosperity by generating Wealth from Waste. The fly ash will be used to make bricks, blocks, tiles, wall panels, cement and other construction materials. This policy will save soil excavation and aid construction of low-cost housing.
10. Who has been honoured with the 2016 Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award for his outstanding contribution to journalism?[A]Arvind Kumar Singh[B]Renjith Jonh[C]S Nihal Singh[D]T P Dhanesh
S Nihal SinghVeteran journalist S Nihal Singh has been honoured with the 2016 Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award for his outstanding contribution to journalism on the occasion of the National Press Day (NPD) and is presented by the Press Council of India (PCI). The award carries a cash component of Rs 1 lakh. The National Press Day (NPD) is celebrated every year in India on November 16 as a symbolic of a free and responsible press in India. This year, the day is coincides with Golden Jubilee of Press Council of India..
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|