GK & Current Affairs: January 12, 2015
1. In a first of its kind in the country, which among the following state has separate ministry for cow affairs?
Rajasthan has separate ministry for cow affairs. Otaram Devasi is the India’s first cow minister.
2. Silesia, one of the largest coal producing region of Europe, is now located mostly in ____?
Silesia is a region of Central Europe now located mostly in Poland, with small parts in the Czech Republic and Germany. Silesia is a resource-rich and populous region. This region is best known for coal mining.
3. UNMEER is the first-ever United Nations emergency health mission, to combat ____?
UNMEER or the UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response is the first-ever UN emergency health mission. It was set up as a temporary immediate needs related to the unprecedented fight against Ebola.
4. In which one of the following cities, Biosafety lab to strengthen the country’s livestock disease monitoring and forecasting system has been set up, recently?
A state-of-the-art bio safety laboratory to strengthen the country’s livestock disease monitoring and forecasting system has been set up in Bangalore. The lab was set up by the National Institute of Veterinary Epidemiology and Disease Informatics.
5. Stan Wawrinka, who won the Chennai Open title-2015, belongs to which country?
Stan Wawrinka is a Swiss professional tennis player. He is currently ranked World no.4. He defeated Aliaz Bedene of Slovernia 6-3, 6-4 to become the Chennai Open champion.
6. Recently, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, has become the first female President of ____?
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, has become the first President of Croatia. Kitarovic was a former foreign minister and member of the centre-right opposition HDZ party. She secured 50.5% of the vote with 99% ballots counted, while incumbent Ivo Josipovic was close behind on 49.5%.
7. Recently, Reserve Bank of India and which one of the following has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the area of central banking?
[A]European Central Bank
[B]Japan Central Bank
[C]Central Bank of Russia
[D]Bank of China
European Central Bank
The RBI and European Central Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the area of central banking. The MoU provides a framework for regular exchange of information, policy dialogue and technical cooperation between the two.
8. Who among the following has been chosen for the prestigious Vikram Sarabhai Memorial Award-2015?
[B]M Y S Prasad
M Y S Prasad
M Y S Prasad, has been chosen for the prestigious Vikram Sarabhai Memorial Award-2015. Prasad is director of Satish Dhawan Space Centre. He has chosen for his outstanding contribution to R&D in the field of space science in his career at the ISRO.
9. Recently, which states has launched the “Sandesh One” project, an initiative for creating network of women social entrepreneur offering technologies and solution at the gross root level?
10. The percentage of skilled people among the total workforce is highest in which one of the following countries?
The percentage of skilled people among the total workforce is highest in South Korea, which has 96 per cent. Japan has 80 per cent, Germany has 75 per cent and UK 70 per cent. In India it is just 2 per cent.