GK & Current Affairs: August 14, 15, 2015
1. Which district in India has highest number of e-toilets in its schools? [A]Guntur district [B]Srikakulam district [C]Nellore district [D]Kurnool district
Nellore district The Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh has become the first district in India to have highest number of e-toilets (461) in its schools. The Kerala-based Eram Scientific Solutions, the sole manufacturers of e-toilets (electronic toilets) in India, has deployed these automated and self-cleaning e-toilets in the district as part of the corporate social responsibility initiatives of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). The school model e-toilet “e-Lite14” has automatic floor wash system, automatic ceiling light, exhaust fan, in-built sensors to conserve electricity and water and an overhead water tank. It works on both solar and electric grid and is priced at Rs.1 lakh. It also has a one-year warranty and insurance coverage.
2. The campaign “Start-up India, Stand up India” is associated with which field? [A]Food Industry [B]Women Empowerment [C]Swacch Bharat Mission [D]Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship On 69th Independence Day, Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi announced a new campaign “Start-up India, Stand up India” to encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of India. The campaign will also promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
3. Which of the following public sector company has signed pacts with NSDF and NSDC for skill development training projects in Eastern states and Bihar? [A]BHEL [B]NTPC [C]GAIL [D]ONGC
NTPC The National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) has signed two pacts with National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for skill development training in Eastern states and Bihar. As per the a) First pact: NTPC will provide skill training to 5000 youth and women across 22 locations with special focus on the eastern states with in two years and the cost of the project is Rs 6.5 Crore. b) Second pact: NTPC will will train over 25000 candidates in services and manufacturing sectors across under-served locations in Bihar. The pact is for 5 years with a project cost of Rs. 30 crore.
4. India has signed MoU with which country recently for technical cooperation in Railway Sector? [A]South Korea [B]Myanmar [C]Mozambique [D]Slovak Republic
Slovak Republic India and Slovak Republic have signed MoU on technical cooperation in railway Sector. The tenure of this MoU is 2 years and it will be automatically renewed for further successive period of two years at a time. The Key factors of MoU are- a) Infrastructure building and management station development and workshop modernisation. b) Information & communication technologies especially for passenger amenities. c) Modernization of rolling stock. d) Modernization of Signaling & Telecom.
5. Which Union Ministry of India has recently launched “Indradhanush” to revamp functioning of Public Sector Banks (PSBs)? [A]Ministry of Finance [B]Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions [C]Ministry of Planning [D]Ministry of Labour and Employment
Ministry of Finance To improve credit and minimising the political interference in the functioning of Public Sector Banks (PSBs), the Union Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley has launched a seven pronged plan called Indradhanush Mission. The seven shades of Indradhanush mission viz. appointments, de-stressing PSBs, capitalisation, empowerment, framework of accountability and governance reforms in PSBs. The plan includes a capital infusion of Rs 20,000-crore and also hiring private sector executives for the first time to run public sector lenders.
6. Which bank has recently launched Multi Currency Contactless card in partnership with VISA? [A]HDFC Bank [B]ICICI Bank [C]SBI [D]Axis Bank
Axis Bank Axis bank has launched contactless debit, credit and multi-currency forex cards in partnership with Visa -the payments gateway company. Axis Bank would be the first bank to issue multi-currency contactless cards or ‘tap and pay’ cards which can be loaded in 15 currencies viz. Saudi Riyal, Swiss Franc, Hong Kong dollar, US dollar, Euro, British Pound, etc. As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s guidelines, banks can process contactless transactions below Rs 2,000 without a personal identification number.
7. Om Prakash Munjal, who passed away recently, was founder and the current chairman of__? [A]Hero Cycles Limited [B]Hindustan Motors [C]Apollo Tyres [D]Maruti Udyog
Hero Cycles Limited Mr. Om Prakash Munjal was the founder and the current chairman of Hero Cycles, who died in Ludhiana recently.
8. Who has been appointed as the Election Commissioner of India recently? [A]Achal Kumar Jyoti [B]Om Prakash Rawat [C]Nasim Zaidi [D]H.S.Brahma
Om Prakash Rawat Mr. Om Prakash Rawat, a former Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS officer, has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner of India. Mr. Nasim Zaidi is the current Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissioner other than Mr. Om Prakash Rawa is Mr. Achal Kumar Jyoti.
9. Which state government of India has recently banned on the use of plastic in the state? [A]Kerala [B]Gujarat [C]Tripura [D]Odisha
Gujarat For the first time, Chief Minister of Gujarat Ms. Anandiben Patel ban on the use of plastic in the State.
10. Which historical monument in India recently got its twitter account? [A]Qutub Minar [B]Taj Mahal [C]Fatehpur Sikri monuments [D]Red Fort, Delhi
Taj Mahal Taj Mahal, the symbol of true love and architectural brilliance, has become the first historical monument in the world to have its own Twitter account. The Twitter Account was lauched by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mr. Akhilesh Yadav.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »