GK & Current Affairs: April 1, 2, 2015
1. Which state has launched Aahar, a subsidised meal scheme meant for urban poor in the state? [A]Bihar [B]Jharkhand [C]West Bengal [D]Odisha
Aahar is a subsidised meal scheme meant for the urban poor launched by Odisha government. Under the scheme, rice and dal curry would be served as lunch to the poor at a meagre rate of Rs 5 per meal. Reference
2. The number of biosphere reserves in India is ____? [A]Fourteen [B]Sixteen [C]Eighteen [D]Twenty
There are eighteen biosphere reserves in India. Out of eighteen reserves nine have been included in the world network of biosphere reserves of UNESCO. Reference
3. Malli Mastan Babu, who passed away recently, was a ____? [A]Indian Mountaineer [B]Sand Artist [C]Environment Conservationist [D]Journalist
Answer: Indian Mountaineer
Malli Mastan Babu was an accomplished Indian mountaineer who held number of records and achievements. He had achieved the feat of becoming the fastest seven mountaineers in the world. He was also the first Indian to summit Mt Vinson Massif the tallest peak in Antarctica. He was the first person from Andhra Pradesh to scale Mount Everest.
4. Which body recently launched the “Group of Friends Against Terrorism”? [A]United Nations [B]European Union [C]ASEAN [D]SAARC
Answer: United Nations
Group of Friends Against Terrorism is an United Nations initiative launched to combat terrorism. Created at the initiative of Morocco, the group consists of thirty countries, including the five permanent members of the UN Security Council. Group of Friends Against Terrorism will aim, among others, to create synergies between all initiative implemented within the UN, promoting international cooperation in combating terrorism, share and exchange good practices in the fight against this scourge that threatens international peace and security. India is one of the members of the group.
5. Which of the following recently became 123rd state party to the International Criminal Court? [A]Israel [B]Palestine [C]Jordan [D]Bangladesh
The Palestine officially became a member of the International Criminal Court. Palestine is the 123rd state party to the International Criminal Court.
6. Which state in India has highest number of ports? [A]Gujarat [B]Maharashtra [C]Tamil Nadu [D]Andhra Pradesh
Maharashtra with 53 ports has highest number of ports in India. Maharashtra is followed by Gujarat (40) and Andhra Pradesh (12).
7. The winner of 2015 Miami Open tennis women’s single title is __? [A]Suarez Navarro [B]Alize Cornet [C]Serena Williams [D]Andrea Petkovic
Answer: Serena Williams
World’s no.1 ranked Serena Williams has won the Miami Open title. She defeated Carla Suarez Navarro to capture her eighth Miami Open championship.
8. Asia’s largest wholesale market for fruits and vegetables is __? [A]Azadpur Mandi [B]Yeshwanthpur Mandi [C]Maur Mandi [D]Bhawani Mandi
Answer: Azadpur Mandi
Delhi’s Azadpur Mandi is the Asia’s largest whole sale market for fruits and vegetables.
9. The Queensberry rules are related to which sports? [A]Tennis [B]Boxing [C]Badminton [D]Hockey
Marquess of Queensberry rules, code of rules applied to boxing. The rules were written by John Graham Chambers, a member of the British Amateur Athletic Club. The rules were first published in 1867.
10. Which among the following is the theme of the World Health Day-2015? [A]Food Safety [B]Aging and Health [C]Water Safety [D]Small Bite Big Threat
Answer: Food Safety
World Health Day is celebrated on the 7th April every year. This day marks the anniversary of the world health organisation which was founded in 1948. The theme of the world health day 2015 is Food Safety.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »