Chhattisgarh Unemployment Allowance
The Election Commission of India has planned to conduct the assembly elections of Chhattisgarh in November 2023. Ahead of the elections, the current CM of the state Bhupesh Baghel announced that his government is to provide unemployment allowance to the Chhattisgarh people in the 2023-24 financial year. He made his announcement during his republic day speech.
Why the promise?
During the 2018 election campaign, the Baghel party that is, Congress had made the unemployment allowance promise. This promise helped the party come to power in the state after 15 years.
Along with the unemployment allowance, the CM also made the following announcements:
- Framing rural industry policy: Mainly focusing on the cotton industry
- Property tax to be exempted for factories in industrial areas
- CM also announced a housing scheme for laborers and a scheme for women entrepreneurs
- Increase the facilities for air travelers
- Develop aero city near the Raipur Airport
- To provide a grant of Rs 50,000 to the construction workers who are members of the Chhattisgarh Building and Other Construction Welfare Board for more than three years
- Rs 10,000 to be provided to Gram Panchayats to organize tribal festivals
- Chhattisgarh State Innovation Commission is to be constituted