Banking, Finance & Economy Current Affairs Quiz -March 2 ,2023
1. Which of the following universities will be the first foreign university to establish a campus in India?
[A] University of Cambridge
[B] Stanford University
[C] Harvard University
[D] Deakin University
Correct Answer: D [Deakin University]
Deakin University from Australia is set to become the first foreign university to set up a campus in India. The independent campus is slated to come up in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) City, according to a report by The Indian Express.
2. Singapore Airlines owns 25.1% of the Air India group after investing how so many funds?
[A] $267 mn
[B] $257 mn
[C] $247 mn
[D] $237 mn
Correct Answer: A [$267 mn]
Singapore Airlines gets a 25.1% stake in Air India group after injecting $267 mn.
3. Who has Godrej Industries appointed as CEO-designate of its chemicals business?
[A] Raunak Singh
[B] Vishal Sharma
[C] Soniya Sharma
[D] Tanmay Tiwari
Correct Answer: A [Raunak Singh]
Godrej industries appoint Vishal Sharma as CEO-designate of its chemicals business.
4. To what extent did India’s GDP growth decelerate in the October-December quarter?
Correct Answer: D [4.4%]
India’s economy grew at a weaker-than-expected 4.4 per cent in the December quarter of FY23 amid wide revisions to earlier gross domestic product (GDP) figures, as manufacturing output contracted for the second consecutive quarter and consumer demand slowed.
5. Pepsi India has appointed whom among the following as it’s Brand Ambassador?
[A] Ranveer Kapoor
[B] Akshay Kumar
[C] Salman Khan
[D] Ranveer Singh
Correct Answer: D [Ranveer Singh]
PepsiCo India has roped in actor Ranveer Singh to endorse its leading soft drink brand Pepsi. Singh joins Pepsi’s growing league of celebrity endorsers.
Category: Banking, Finance & Economy Current Affairs Quiz