APEDA ‘Mango festival’ in Bahrain
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is organising an eight-day long mango festival in Bahrain, in order to boost Mango export.
- During the mango festival, 34 varieties of mangoes are being displayed.
- All the mangoes have been taken from eastern states of West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh.
- Mangoes are being displayed at eight different locations in Al Jazira group supermarket of Bahrain.
- It will be organised till June 20, 2022.
- Apart from mangoes, several mango preparations such as mango cake prepared in Al Jazira bakery, shakes, juices, etc. have also been showcased at the festival.
Mango Show in Bahrain
- Mango Show in Bahrain is being organised as a part of new initiative by APEDA, in a bid to explore international markets for Indian mangoes under “Mango Festival 2022”.
- It is the result of APEDA’s commitment for providing a global platform for Indian mangoes.
How were mangoes procured?
All the 34 varieties of mangoes were directly procured from farmers as well as two Farmer Producer Organizations.
India is a close ally of Bahrain. GCC partners of Bahrain are amongst most prominent supporters of India’s candidacy to permanent seat on the UN Security Council. Officials from Bahrain have urged India to play a greater role in resolving international affairs like in Iran’s nuclear programme. Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently visited Bahrain on in August 2019 and become the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Bahrain. During his visit, both the countries signed 3 MoUs on space, International Solar Alliance and RuPay Card. King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa honoured PM Modi with Bahrain’s third highest civilian award called “Member 1st Class of the King Hamad Order of the Renaissance”
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022