Tumarkuru Industrial Township: South India’s First Industrial Corridor Project
In 2021, PM Modi launched the Gati Shakti Scheme. The main objective of the scheme is to implement an infrastructure pipeline in the country. Under this, the GoI planned on developing 11 industrial corridors and two defence corridors. Accordingly, PM Modi recently launched the first industrial corridor of the scheme called Tumarkuru Industrial Township.
About the Tumarkuru Industrial Township
- First industrial corridor in South India
- It will generate employment for more than 88,000 people
- Attract investment of Rs 7,000 crores within five to six years
- Contribute inclusive growth of the country
- Trigger economic growth and prosperity in the region
- Spread over 8,500 acres of land
- Launched in Chennai Bengaluru Industrial Corridor
- In line with the objectives of Atma Nirbhar Bharat
- It will address the issues of multi-modal connectivity
It is located at a distance of 300 km from the Mangaluru port. From the Bengaluru International Airport, it is at a distance of 115 km. It will increase the manufacturing sector’s presence in the country. It adopts the green field industrial smart city concept. The project aims to contribute towards Make in India initiative of the country. It is in line with the GoI mantra “Reform, Perform, and Transform”
The project is to focus on food products, apparel, electronics, pharmaceuticals, engineering, and chemicals.