She Feeds the World Programme
CARE is an international organization fighting against poverty. Frito-Lay, Pepsi, and Cola companies merged together and formed Pepsico in 1965. Today Pepsico is a food and beverage company with leading products such as Quaker, Lays, Pepsi, Cola, etc. The philanthropic foundation of PEPSICO and CARE joined together and launched the “She Feeds the World” program in India. The program is to empower women in the agriculture sector. The program will mainly focus on small-scale women producers.
What are the objectives She Feeds the World Programme?
- To increase crop yield
- To increase the income of women belonging to BPL families
- To provide access to a healthy and balanced diet
- The program will strive hard to reduce gender inequality in agriculture sector
- To help agricultural families in the country get a stable income
- Provide training to women on sustainable agriculture
About the Programme
Initially, the program is to be implemented in Cooch Behar district and Alipurduar district of West Bengal.
Three dimensions in the program
The program will focus on achieving goals in economic, social, and environmental fields.
- Enhance the cultivation processes of small-scale farmers
- Diversify livelihood option
- Increase yield of the farmlands
- Equitable training and knowledge access
- Inclusive markets
- Resources made available for all
- Handle soil and water biodiversity
- Reduce carbon footprint
Outcomes of the program
Pepsico and CARE aim to improve the status of more than 48,000 women through this program. More than 1.5 million people from West Bengal will be benefitted.