Quiz 646: General Awareness Questions for All Exams
- Quorum is the minimum number of members required to be present in the house before it can transact any business.
- It is 1/10th of the total number of members in each house excluding the presiding officer.
Which of the Statement(s) given above is/are correct?
- Parliament alone can make extra-territorial legislations.
- When there is a conflict over a matter between the State list and the Concurrent list, the former prevails over the latter.
- Parliament is empowered to legislate in the State field in national interest, if Rajya Sabha passes a resolution by absolute majority.
- The power to make laws on residuary subjects vested with the Parliament.
Which of the Statement(s) given above do/does not hold good in this regard?
- Through Clean Development Mechanism(CDM),any Annex I country can invest in emission reduction projects in any other Annex I country as an alternative to reducing emissions domestically.
- Through Joint Implementation(JI),countries can meet their domestic emission reduction targets by buying greenhouse gas reduction units from (projects in) non Annex I countries to the Kyoto protocol (mostly developing countries).
Select the correct option from the codes given below: