Quiz 646: General Awareness Questions for All Exams
1. Which of the following places of the world is known for ‘Guano’, a uniquely-produced natural fertilizer which has a high concentration of nitrates?
2. Consider the following statements regarding the Quorum in the houses of the Parliament of India :
- Quorum is the minimum number of members required to be present in the house before it can transact any business.
- It is 1/10th of the total number of members in each house excluding the presiding officer.
Which of the Statement(s) given above is/are correct?
3. Consider the following statements regarding the Centre-State legislative relations:
- Parliament alone can make extra-territorial legislations.
- When there is a conflict over a matter between the State list and the Concurrent list, the former prevails over the latter.
- Parliament is empowered to legislate in the State field in national interest, if Rajya Sabha passes a resolution by absolute majority.
- The power to make laws on residuary subjects vested with the Parliament.
Which of the Statement(s) given above do/does not hold good in this regard?
4. Which among the following is the World’s largest Wetland System?
5. With reference to the Flexible Mechanisms of Kyoto Protocol, which of the following is / are correct statements?
- Through Clean Development Mechanism(CDM),any Annex I country can invest in emission reduction projects in any other Annex I country as an alternative to reducing emissions domestically.
- Through Joint Implementation(JI),countries can meet their domestic emission reduction targets by buying greenhouse gas reduction units from (projects in) non Annex I countries to the Kyoto protocol (mostly developing countries).
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
6. Why the Indirect taxes are termed regressive taxing mechanisms?
7. Currently, which among the following products is facing imports ban from China?
8. What is the minimum public shareholding (MPS) mandated by SEBI for Private Companies and PSUs respectively?
9. Which of the following best defines a floating-rate bond?
10. Inflation Indexed Bonds is pegged to ___?