Quiz 645 – Finance, Business and Economy for IBPS & Bank PO General Awareness
1. One of the leading financial newspapers recently wrote: “There is a lot of dollar demand due to import of oil, gold and defense equipment. The Euro is also volatile due to persisting concerns in the Eurozone.”
Which among the following is a correct conclusion derived from the above information:
[A]These factors will keep the rupee weak against the dollar
[B]These factors will keep the dollar weak against rupee
[C]These factors will reduce the supply of Euro
[D]The RBI would print more money
These factors will keep the rupee weak against the dollar
2. Which among the following activities are conducted by RBI during the Open Market Operations (OMOs)?
[A]Sale of Gilt Bonds
[B]Purchase of Gilt Bonds
[C]Sale / Purchase of Gilt Bonds
[D]Sale / Purchase of foreign currency
Sale / Purchase of Gilt Bonds
3. Recently, the RBI Governor D Subbarao said that “Reserve Bank of India (RBI) may not reduce interest rates any time soon, despite the slowdown in growth and easing of inflation.. Which among the following rates he was most probably referring to?
[A]Repo or Reverse Repo Rate
[B]Prime Lending Rate
[D]Savings Banks Account Interest Rate
Repo or Reverse Repo Rate
4. In context with the term Coupon Rate, consider the following statements:
1. It is an interest rates generally slated on Bonds
2. It is expressed as a percentage of the face value
3. It denotes the quality of an asset
Choose the correct option:
[B]Only 1 & 2
[C]Only 2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
Only 1 & 2
5. Consider the following statements:
1. A bond that has ‘AAA’ rating given by credit rating agencies signifies that the company has extremely strong capacity to meet its financial commitments
2. In India, the corporate and business houses are allowed to set up banks with permission from Government and RBI
3. Insurance policies are eligible for tax benefits under section 80C of the Income Tax (subject to other conditions fulfilled)
Which among the above is / are correct statements?
[A]Only 1 is correct
[B]1, 2 & 3 are correct
[C]Only 1 & 3 are correct
[D]Only 3 is correct
Only 1 & 3 are correct
6. In a recent speech, the Reserve Bank governor D Subbarao said that “casino banking” has over- financialised the real economy in certain developed economies”. With Casino Banking we understand that ___
[A]Banks operate in the Casinos
[B]Banks engage in unduly speculative or risky financial activities
[C]Banks tie up with Casinos to earn profit from speculation
[D]All of the above
Banks engage in unduly speculative or risky financial activities
7. Recently, Reliance Industries has become India’s largest company by market capitalization. Market Capitalization is the total value of __?
[A] Issued shares
[B]Issued shares + Debentures
[C] Authorized shares
[D]Authorized shares + Debentures
Market capitalization (or market cap) is the total value of the issued shares of a publicly traded company. Market capitalization is calculated by multiplying
a company’s shares outstanding by the current market price of one share
8. Financial Restructuring Plan, which includes raising Rs 5,000 crore over a period of 10 years through asset monetisation, has been approved for which among the following Indian giants?
[C]Nuclear Power Corporation of India
9. Koyali, Mathura, Panipat and Paradip, all the four places are home to which among the following?
[A]Rail Coach Factory
[C]Thermal Power Plants
[D]Textile Industry Clusters
10. Galkynysh is a leading gas field of which among the following countries?