Quiz 640: Indian Polity and Constitution for IAS and PCS Examinations
- The President is immune from any civil proceedings against him/her.
- But after giving two months’ notice, criminal proceedings can be instituted againthe President.
Which of the statement(s) given above is correct regarding the immunity enjoyed by the President in respect of his/her ‘personal’ acts, during his/her tenure :
- If the person holds an office of profit under the State Government.
- If the person has voluntarily acquired citizenship of a foreign State.
- If a person is so disqualified under the Tenth Schedule.
- If the person has/had been detained under the Preventive Detention Law.
Choose the correct option:
- Article 72 – Pardoning power of the president
- Article 143 – Advisory Jurisdiction of Supreme Court
- Article 360 – Provisions relating to Financial Emergency
- Articles (148-151) – Powers and functions of the Attorney General of India
Which among the above Articles are paired correctly with their respective provisions?
Which among the above have been conferred the ‘minority’ status by the Government of India?
- Article 14 makes it obligatory for the state to ensure equality before law.
- Article 22(1) provides for a legal system which promotes justice on the basis of equal opportunity to all.
- Article 39(A) of the Constitution of India provides for free legal aid to the poor and weaker sections of the society and ensures justice for all.
Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct?
- The supervisory jurisdiction is exercised by the Supreme Court only and not the High Courts.
- The Writ jurisdiction of the High Courts is wider than that of the Supreme Court.
Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct regarding the jurisdiction exercised by the Supreme Court and the High Court of India?
- The office of CVC was established by the recommendations of Santhanam Committee in 1964.
- The CVC holds office for a tenure of four years.
- The jurisdiction of the CVC extends to the members of All India Services and Group A officers of Central and State Governments.
- The CVC reviews the programme of investigation conducted by the Delhi Police Special Establiment.
Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
1.Sindhi and Nepali
2.Konkani and Manipuri
3.Bodo and Santhali
4.Santhali and Konkani
5.Dogri and Maithili
Which of the above languages were added to the 8th Schedule by the 92nd Amendment Act of 2003?