Quiz 598: GK for Bank PO Examinations 2012
1. RBI revision of Repo/Reverse Repo rate by 10 basis points implies, which among the following fractions:
2. In 2011, only 4 countries were Polio-endemic, down from more than 125 in 1998. Three of them were India, Pakistan, Afghanistan. Identify the fourth country from the given options:
3. During Elections what will happen, if the number of contesting candidates in a constituency goes beyond 64?
[A]Candidates beyond 64 are Not allowed in a constituency.
[B]Separate EVM (Electronic Voting Machine) will be used.
[C]EVMs cannot be used in such a constituency. Voting by means of ballot box will be used.
[D]None of these
EVMs cannot be used in such a constituency. Voting by means of ballot box will be used.
In case the number of contesting candidates goes beyond 64 in any constituency, EVMs cannot be used in such a constituency. The conventional method
of voting by means of ballot box and ballot paper will have to be adopted in such a constituency. EVMs can cater to a maximum of 64 candidates. There is
provision for 16 candidates in a Balloting Unit. If the total number of candidates exceeds 16, a second Balloting Unit can be linked parallel to the first
Balloting Unit. Similarly, if the total number of candidates exceeds 32, a third Balloting Unit can be attached and if the total number of candidates exceeds
48, a fourth Balloting Unit can be attached to cater to a maximum of 64 candidates.
4. Who was the last surviving veteran of the First World War?
[C]Florence Beatrice Patterson
[D]None of these
Florence Beatrice Patterson
5. Who among the following had written the book “NEW LAMPS FOR OLD” ?
[A]Bipin Chandra Pal
[C]Bal Gangadhar Tilak
6. The National Land Acquisition, Resettlement and Rehabilitation Bill aims to substitute which among the following acts?
[A]The Land Acquisition Act, 1896
[B]The Land Acquisition Act, 1884
[C]The Land Acquisition Act, 1894
[D]None Of These
The Land Acquisition Act, 1894
7. Urban Co-operative banks are governed by?
[C]Both a and b
Both a and b
8. Which of the following have the highest share in the distribution of credit to agriculture and allied sectors?
[B]Regional rural banks
[D]Indigenous money lenders
9. Which among the following country is the host of SEAN 2014 meet ?
10. Who among the following is responsible for the preparation of electoral rolls for a Parliamentary or Assembly Constituency?
[B]District Election Officer (DEO)
[C]Electoral Registration Officer (ERO)
[D]Returning Officer (RO)
Electoral Registration Officer (ERO)
The Electoral Registration officer is responsible for the preparation of electoral rolls for a parliamentary / assembly constituency.
11. Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) refers to?
[A]NASA’s mission to Mars
[B]NASA’s mission to Moon
[C]China’s mission to build International Space Station
[D]ISRO’s planned mission to space
NASA’s mission to Moon
12. Which of the following states is/are not a part of Western Ghats?
[D]Both b and c
13. Which among these was not Stipulated in the Fiscal Responsibility And Budget Management Act 2003?
[A]Elimination of revenue deficit
[B]Elimination of primay deficit
[C]Non-borrowing by the central government from RBI except in certain situations
[D]Fixing government guarantees in any financial year as a percentage of GDP
Elimination of primay deficit
14. Inclusive growth mentioned in the 11th Five Year Plan doesn’t include?
[A]Reduction of Poverty
[B]Extension of employment opportunities
[C]Reduction of gender inequalities
[D]Strengthening capital markets
Strengthening Capital markets
15. “Core Banking” implies all but one of the following?
[D]Adoption of basel norms
Adoption of basel norms