Quiz 624: GK Questions for SSC Exams
1. Consider the following statements regarding the Cuddapah and Vindhyan systems of rock formations :
- The well-known Panna and Golcunda diamonds are found in the Cuddapah system.
- Vindhyan System is the famous source of red sandstone and other building material.
Which of the above Statement(s) is/are correct?
2. Which of the following Mountain passes forms the ‘tri-junction’ of India,China and Myanmar?
3. The lacustrine deposits of Kashmir called ‘Karewas’ are known for :
4. The land frontier of India is about 15200 KM. Which of the following countries shares the largest border length with India:
5. Tropic of Cancer passes through which of the following group of Indian States:
6. which of the following Statement(s) is/are correct?
- Mt. Everest is locally known as ‘Sagarmatha’ in Nepal.
- At 73, Tamae Watanbe became the world’s old woman to scale the Everest in May,2012.
7. Unaided minority institutions have been excluded from the ambit of RTE Act due to which of the following fundamental rights guaranteed by the Indian Constitution:
8. India’s first University of Cooperative Management was set up in :
9. The famous ‘Hornbill festival’ is celebrated in which of the following States of India?
10. Which of following Indian State/Union Territory has become first in the country to issue e-Stamp papers in all denominations?