Quiz 606: Current Affairs March / April 2012
1. What is the revised validity of the cheques and bank drafts from April 1, 2012?
2. India has recently signed the bilateral agreement on Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters with which among the following countries?
In the first week of April 2012, India and UAE have signed a bilateral agreement on Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters. The agreement will enhance
trade co-operation between the two countries and curb customs violations
3. India was recently allowed to monitor the elections as an International Observer in which among the following countries recently?
It was first time that international observers were allowed to monitor elections in Myanmar. India has deputed two senior election officials and its
Ambassador to Myanmar to oversee elections in that country.
4. Which among the following North Eastern state of India is being developed as a model state for coconut production during 12th Plan period beginning April 2012?
5. India’s third research station Bharti is located in which among the following regions of Antarctica?
[A]San Telmo Island
6. Indian navy has recently inducted the ‘Nerpa’ nuclear submarine, which was procured from ____?
7. Which among the following state has recently raised the assistance under the Mukya Mantri Kanyadan Yojana?
[B] Madhya Pradesh
[D] Uttar Pradesh
8. Kofi Annan’s peace plan was making news recently in context with which among the following countries?
9. Felipe Calderon is the president of which among the following countries?
10. Recently, who among the following has been sent to Sudan and South Sudan to broker peace between the two countries?
[A]T K A Nair
[D]Sanjay Kumar Panda
11. Former player Ajitpal Singh is related to which among the following sports?
The Indian Olympic Association, IOA named former hockey captain Ajitpal Singh as Chef-de-Mission of national contingent for the London Olympics. Three time Olympian Ajitpal, who led the country to its only victory in the World cup in 1975 so far, is the first active sports person to be honoured by being appointed as Chef-de-Mission of the Olympic contingent.
12. Which among the following is not an indirect tax?
13. Indian navy has recently commissioned the Akula-II Class submarine in Vishakhapatnam. What Indian name has been given to this submarine?
14. Boko Haram is a militant Islamic Sect active in which among the following countries?
15. Recently, India’s Leander Paes and his partner Radek Stepanek have won the Men’s Doubles title in the Miami Open Tennis tournament at Florida. Radek Stepanek is a Tennis Player from which among the following countries?
India’s Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek have won the Men’s Doubles title in the Miami Open Tennis tournament at Florida. In the title clash, the seventh seeded Indo-Czech duo defeated the second seeded Belarusian-Canadian combine of Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor, 3-6, 6-1, 10-8. They had won the Australian Open earlier this year.
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »