Quiz 605: Indian History for SSC Examinations
1. Which among the following was the First Revolutionary organization of Bengal ?
[A]Hindustan Socialist Party
2. To do something for the Indigo Planters, who among the following persuaded Mahatma Gandhi to come to Champaran?
[A]Dr. Rajendra Prasad
3. Which among the following cities saw the first instance of Satyagraha in India?
4. Who among the following said that “The Rowlatt Act is a Preventive Murder“?
[B]Lala Lajpat Rai
[C]Edwin Samuel Montagu
Edwin Samuel Montagu
5. Who among the following did not vehemently protested the withdrawal of the Non-Cooperation Movement after the Chauri-Chaura Incident?
[A]Jawahar Lal Nehru
[B]Subhash Chandra Bose
[C]C R Das
Jawahar Lal Nehru
6. Who among the following was the immediate cause of Quit India Movement?
[A]Withdrawal of British from South East Asia
[B]Failure of Cripps Mission
[C]Failure of August Offer
[D]Arrest of Mahatma Gandhi
Failure of Cripps Mission
7. Who among the following was the first Non-Congress chief minister of India?
[B]N G Ranga
[D]Shankar Dayal Sharma
8. About which among the following, Jawahar Lal Nehru made a comment that it was “Dead as Doornail”?
[A]Government of India Act 1935
[B]August Offer 1940
August Offer 1940
9. Who among the following was the head of the Arbital Tribunal set up at the time of India’s independence?
[B]William Patrick Spens
[C]Edward Percy Smith
[D]William Lloyd Roots
William Patrick Spens
10. Which among the following sites of Indus Valley Civilization is located on the banks of River Indus in Larkana District of Pakistan?
[B]Mohen Jo Dero
Mohen Jo Dero
11. Who among the following gave the safety valve theory for Indian National Congress ?
[A]Bal Gangadhar Tilak
[B]Lala Lajpat Rai
[D]M N Roy
Lala Lajpat Rai
Lala Lajpat Rai used the safety valve theory in “Young India” in 1916 and said that it was a product of brain of Lord Dufferin.
12. Who among the following was the president of the British Indian Association that was founded in 1851?
President was Radhakant Deb, Debendranath Tagore was secretary.
13. Who among the following is called the father of Nationalism in India?
[A]Raja Rammohun Roy
[B]Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Raja Rammohun Roy
14. Which among the following organizations published the journal called Indian Sociologists?
[C]British Indian Association
15. Who among the following was the founder of the Paris Indian Society?
[A]S R Rana
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »